Pre-Game Talk: Pens at Capitals, March 10th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 25s
Beau Bennett says he hopes to return to the lineup within 10 days.

Thank god.

1245060740_kramer_and_the_kids.gif

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
so when Bennett comes back, Pyatt out?

And when Gibbons comes back, Vitale out?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
so when Bennett comes back, Pyatt out?

And when Gibbons comes back, Vitale out?

Gibbons is going to WBS, Pyatt is still in and Vitale is out.

Pyatt - Sutter - Bennett
Glass - Goc - Adams

Gibbons has always been keeping Bennett's spot in the lineup warm. Wherever he was playing was where Bennett would go when he got back.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
It's not actually a terrible idea if DB weren't married to Gladams. Unfortunately, he is.

I'm just happy about Bennett. If he's back, everything will be alllllright.

It's ****ing stupid RRP. It's misusing yet another trade acquisition. DB sees Vitale as the weak link on that line. That 4th line is going to be used as a shutdown unit. And it'll bite us eventually.

I'm trying to be positive, but if we brought Goc in as a 4C, we would have been better off using those assets+B prospect to get pick up Hemsky.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Am I the only one worried that Bylsma will misuse Bennett once again?

There's not many ways he could misuse Bennett. He'll almost certainly be on either the 1st or 3rd RW, and even if he's not, he's versatile enough to play either side anywhere in the line-up.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's ****ing stupid RRP. It's misusing yet another trade acquisition. DB sees Vitale as the weak link on that line. That 4th line is going to be used as a shutdown unit. And it'll bite us eventually.

I'm trying to be positive, but if we brought Goc in as a 4C, we would have been better off using those assets+B prospect to get pick up Hemsky.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape over what's happened the first couple games with Goc. We'll see how it goes.

penguins2946*

We could have gotten Hemsky for the same exact thing we got Goc for. That's what pisses me off. We paid a 3rd and a 5th for a 4th line upgrade that we didn't need.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm just happy about Bennett. If he's back, some things may be alllllright.

Beau "Panacea" Bennett will take ease all your troubles.

Just look at that mush:

beau828132.jpg

How could you fret about anything after seeing that back in the line-up?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Bennett on the 3rd line is the definition of being misused. He NEEDS to play with Sid, and not just for short spurts.

A fully healthy Bennett would be better used there. We'll see if a Bennett who's missed 40 games with a wrist injury and multiple setbacks can step in and be at that level.

As it stands, Stempniak's looked pretty good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad