Pens are flying

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Down 3-0, in 1st no prob score 3 and it's 3-3.
Down 4-3 in the 2nd, no prob score 4 and it's 7-4.
Looks like the old Pens. Is Tampa the favorite for the East or the Pens?

It will be interesting if Peak Kucherov can take Crosby and Company or not. But is the team playing at '16 or '17 level right now? When they were at their best they would have games where they were down 3-0 in the 1st and the game would be tied going into the third.

Reactions: tom_servo

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We’ve got some holes to fill but weve got some pretty good players filling those holes.

Murray, Guentzel are in the best form of their careers. Might sound weird but this could be Sid’s best season yet. There is nowhere on the ice where he isn’t killing it this season.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Sid and malkin to old. Pens are done. Plus kessel looks to fat this year. He’s also to old. Letang has had to many injuries as well a little bit on the geriatric side. Matt Cullen is a stud tho. Tampa would run over pitty faster than Germany did to France in WWII AINEC

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Crosby has been incredible when I've watched them. Malkin on the other hand will need to step it up come playoff time if they want to contend for another cup. Yeah he's good but he hasn't been the rampaging bull he can be.

Reactions: Turin and Tom Hanks

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Letang and Sid have both turned back the clock this year. I think they’re a piece away from challenging Tampa for best roster.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
The scariest part is that this probably isn’t even the best version of the pens imo. Schultz has been out the whole year pretty much, Hornqvist has been in and out of the lineup, and Malkin has been slumping by his hefty standards for most of the last two months or so. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see the pens make another under the radar trade for a player(s) who ends up scoring massive goals for them from April to June.

Brassard seems to be a horrible fit for the team though as he’s been a black hole since joining pit last year. He went from being a solid 18-25 goal scorer during his tenures in New York and Ottawa and nowadays he can barely buy a goal.

Last edited:

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
As a fan of the Penguins, I hate threads like this. Just opening up the rest of us fans for abuse when shit goes wrong.

I agree with what others have stated. Crosby has been dominating games here recently. His line alone has, what seems like, 10 grade A scoring opportunities a game and they are usually from him.

Still think they need a piece to take them over the top. Problem is I’m not entirely sure.

Their D will be better with Schultz close to coming back from the broken leg.

Hornqvist and ZAR coming back gets them a lineup that is pretty set. Only issue will be who sits on the D side when Schultz is back?

If they do trade for something, it will be an upgrade at probably winger. I could see someone being shipped out for someone coming in. I just don’t know where else they have to upgrade.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
As a fan of the Penguins, I hate threads like this. Just opening up the rest of us fans for abuse when **** goes wrong.

I agree with what others have stated. Crosby has been dominating games here recently. His line alone has, what seems like, 10 grade A scoring opportunities a game and they are usually from him.

Still think they need a piece to take them over the top. Problem is I’m not entirely sure.

Their D will be better with Schultz close to coming back from the broken leg.

Hornqvist and ZAR coming back gets them a lineup that is pretty set. Only issue will be who sits on the D side when Schultz is back?

If they do trade for something, it will be an upgrade at probably winger. I could see someone being shipped out for someone coming in. I just don’t know where else they have to upgrade.

Outside of Letang and Dumoulin the D is kind of bad so this is the least of our problems. Still want Maatta out of Pens.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Penguins will beat Tampa and Washington in 4 games.

Will make Ovi cry again in the handshake line. Sobbing actually.

Amazing how great we are.
I like the confidence.

giphy.gif

Reactions: PensandCaps

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
The scariest part is that this probably isn’t even the best version of the pens imo. Schultz has been out the whole year pretty much, Hornqvist has been in and out of the lineup, and Malkin has been slumping by his hefty standards for most of the last two months or so. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see the pens make another under the radar trade for a player(s) who ends up scoring massive goals for them in May/June.

Brassard seems to be a horrible fit for the team though as he’s been a black hole since joining pit last year. He went from being a solid 18-25 goal scorer during his tenures in New York and Ottawa and nowadays he can barely buy a goal.
He can't even hit open nets.

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I love the binary, or bipolar, up/down, on/off, everything to extremes views of HF posters. Pens will make the playoffs. Pens are good. So are many teams. Nothing is a lock. Who's surprised?

Reactions: Extra Texture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad