Post-Game Talk: Pens 6 Sabres 1 | Secondary Sid's Big Night

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Guess it's good that the Pens get an opportunity to flex. But god, Buffalo is so bad, this game is meaningless.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
-Didn't love Sid's performance tonight, sure he had 5 assists but most of them were secondary and outside of that he didn't really show much fire. If every game were against the Sabres we'd be golden.

-It's just a meaningless regular season game in November, I'm not sure why everyone is acting like they just won the lottery.

+ I thought Dupuis was better tonight.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ Stat padding, they did it successfully

= The D is going to reach critical mass when Maatta gets back.

- Dupuis is bad, Dupuis was bad before his injury. So his knee is fine, but whatever the rest of it is is still bad. It's concerning, but then again maybe it's how he's being used.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+Fluery
+KCH
+Malkin getting a 5v5 Geno
+Tanger
=Defense
-Dupuis, guy has no room here, can't break up the 3rd line or have a 4M dollar 4th liner

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Stat padding, they did it successfully

= The D is going to reach critical mass when Maatta gets back.

- Dupuis is bad, Dupuis was bad before his injury. So his knee is fine, but whatever the rest of it is is still bad. It's concerning, but then again maybe it's how he's being used.

1. Not sure how one can taking anything more from this one.

2. Not sure what to make of Letang scoring two and clanging on the natural HT attempt. I'll add it to the list of the universe's anomalies and file it right after BLACK HOLES.

3. I doubt the coaches have the stones to make a permanent move with Dupuis. He'll be right back on Malkin's LW next game. Only question is whether it will be Comeau or Beau on the RW.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I would like to see Sunny get some games over Sill. Sill hasn't done very much this year, he needs to drop the gloves if he isn't going to put up points.

Michael8771*

+Fluery
+KCH
+Malkin getting a 5v5 Geno
+Tanger
=Defense
-Dupuis, guy has no room here, can't break up the 3rd line or have a 4M dollar 4th liner
Play him on the 4th line then, fine by me.

Also, wonder what happened with Downie, hope he's not out for any length of time.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@PensNation_Andy
This Pens team is playing consistent hockey no matter who the opponent is. We saw them struggle against bad teams at times the last few yrs.

Kinda true. Not 100% yet, though.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
-Didn't love Sid's performance tonight, sure he had 5 assists but most of them were secondary and outside of that he didn't really show much fire. If every game were against the Sabres we'd be golden.

-It's just a meaningless regular season game in November, I'm not sure why everyone is acting like they just won the lottery.

+ I thought Dupuis was better tonight.

- to your post mr Grinch

I like to enjoy things in life.... try it sometime and you might be a ton happier:nod:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Kinda true. Not 100% yet, though.

Actually very true, although I'm not sure the Pens have played a team this bad in the last few years. THIS Buffalo team is worse than any I've seen in quite a while.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Poor Enroth. I just watched him have to stop 50 something shots the other day. Ntitai, was it last night?

If Downie misses games, I want to see Farnham up here, not Megna.

penguins2946*

If Downie is injured, Bennett will be recalled by tomorrow morning.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
@penguins
Patric Hornqvist: "We’re building something good, but we’re still not there yet.”

@BillHoppeNHL
Josh Gorges seemed utterly embarrassed and was at a loss for words.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I still can't get over Buffalo botching that 3 on 1 and then Bortuzzo walking around their defense and scoring like Brian Leetch or something.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It seems Dupers was really just running on adrenaline the first few games this year.

Guy just needs to play 3rd and 4th line hockey at this point and get back to simple hard nosed hockey. Making him add skill to that equation isn't gonna work anymore.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
+Nice to Sid with a massive game, not enough of those lately.
+Hornqvist continues to impress
+Letang shooting and hitting the net
=Malkin scored but wasn't great
-Kunitz

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Poor Enroth. I just watched him have to stop 50 something shots the other day. Ntitai, was it last night?

If Downie misses games, I want to see Farnham up here, not Megna.

actually i think that was neuvirth against edmonton who faced 50+ shots... unless they've been getting peppered every game by that much...

not sure what to take from that game. stat padding? it felt like once the first goal was scored the sabres just wanted the game to be over. i liked how the pens didn't take the night off and hustled for the bulk of the game (they eased their foot off the pedal in the 3rd)

- steiggy and errie. sometimes they are unbearable to listen to.

malkin needs new linemates. you can almost feel frustration wafting from him at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad