Post-Game Talk: Pens 6, Preds 0 - Crosby 3:16 Says Pens Just Whipped Your Ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'd be shocked if Ellis didn't have cracked/broken ribs. The shots of him on the bench right after were pretty bad. That said, I think he still plays. And yes, he needs to be run every chance we get. Legally. I agree with whoever said it earlier ... should have been doing that from the start. Oh well, go pens.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
when nashville made a push (the only real push I remember, just not when, late 1st maybe), 3-4 decent-good shifts in a row, the pens stopped going up the wall to clear the zone. that felt like a difference maker to me. something they didnt do well in, at least, 1-3.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd be shocked if Ellis didn't have cracked/broken ribs. The shots of him on the bench right after were pretty bad. That said, I think he still plays. And yes, he needs to be run every chance we get. Legally. I agree with whoever said it earlier ... should have been doing that from the start. Oh well, go pens.

They were rubbing his side/oblique, though. Didn't look ribs to me.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
when nashville made a push (the only real push I remember, just not when, late 1st maybe), 3-4 decent-good shifts in a row, the pens stopped going up the wall to clear the zone. that felt like a difference maker to me. something they didnt do well in, at least, 1-3.

Yeah, after 2-0 the Preds were able to own the wall inside our blue line and they kept a few attempted clears in our zone by blocking the board outlet. The adjustment up the middle caused the Preds trouble.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Yeah, after 2-0 the Preds were able to own the wall inside our blue line and they kept a few attempted clears in our zone by blocking the board outlet. The adjustment up the middle caused the Preds trouble.

I've been screaming for us to use the middle of the ice and stop those ridiculous board clear attempts all series. It looks like we're finally doing that more regularly. Use the elite centers.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

Geno's line was hemmed in their own zone almost the entire first period.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I thought it looked like Ellis pulled a muscle in his side which is absolutely excruciating.

Whatever he did, I hope it either limits the heck out of him, or hopfully forces him to miss the next game (doubtful). Anything to expose that 3rd pairing even more.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
People need to rewatch these games we win for the pure comedy out of Edzo. Stays quiet all game, every time the pens score. Then out of nowhere starts yelling...at something the Pens did wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad