Post-Game Talk: Pens - 6, Lightning - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
**** Mike Johnston

Anyhow, for people talking about Sid being down this year, for the past few games, Crosby's line has been the shutdown line. Even with Bennett and Kunitz on his line tonight, Sutter's line was NOT used on Stamkos, it was Crosby (and, until the Kilhorn goal, it was a 5-man unit of Crosby + Scuderi/Despres).

So, before you harp on his lack of production, understand he's playing some tough minutes.

**** Mike Johnston.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
some real dumb **** going on behind the bench that spoils a great day for hockey

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
**** Mike Johnston

Anyhow, for people talking about Sid being down this year, for the past few games, Crosby's line has been the shutdown line. Even with Bennett and Kunitz on his line tonight, Sutter's line was NOT used on Stamkos, it was Crosby (and, until the Kilhorn goal, it was a 5-man unit of Crosby + Scuderi/Despres).

So, before you harp on his lack of production, understand he's playing some tough minutes.

Anyhow, **** Mike Johnston.

Johnston has shied away most of the year from using Sutter in a shut down role, predominantly because he's not a shut down center.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Downie's my player of the game. For someone who's so juvenile, he's one Hell of a smart player.

We're a different team when he's in the lineup. So much more confident as a group.

penguins2946*

Didn't Pouliot get benched after his gaffe too? I think the Despres benching was justified.

Also Downie is really good, I wouldn't mind seeing a line of Perron-Crosby-Downie.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
some real dumb **** going on behind the bench that spoils a great day for hockey

Despres benched.

Malkin under 15 minutes.

Adams on for Rust.

Did I miss anything?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Johnston has shied away most of the year from using Sutter in a shut down role, predominantly because he's not a shut down center.

It's been really predominant lately. Very strong line matching.

Michael8771*

Got to give Sid credit, he played very well, competed AND produced.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Downie's my player of the game. For someone who's so juvenile, he's one Hell of a smart player.

We're a different team when he's in the lineup. So much more confident as a group.

Totally agree. I don't think it's a coincidence that they were 0-3-1 in his absence.

LionelHutz*

Clearly the cure to break out of a slump is to beat the everlasting **** out of Craig Adams. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Despres benched.

Malkin under 15 minutes.

Adams on for Rust.

Did I miss anything?

sutter gets the best winger

tomorrow will be very telling. tonight's top six doesn't indicate to me that perron is headed to crosby's line. and that's ****ed

Michael8771*

Despres and Pouliot didn't have their best tonight. Well that's bound to happen. Despres had an off game, first in quite some time.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Didn't Pouliot get benched after his gaffe too? I think the Despres benching was justified.

Also Downie is really good, I wouldn't mind seeing a line of Perron-Crosby-Downie.

And you'll see it until Horny returns.

THEN, I suspect you'll see Downie slide down with Malkin, until Comeau returns (unless he and Malkin kill it) or unless JR makes two little moves instead of one big one.

My God, think about it. One big move, and this team becomes a mother****** to play against from top to bottom.

EDIT: LOL, I love what Downie and Ebbett brought tonight, but I'm not sure how Malkin doesn't warrant a star and how Sid warrants only #3.

penguins2946*

I feel like Perron is licking his chops right now, after seeing that performance from Malkin and Crosby and thinking "I'm going to be playing with 1 of those 2 tomorrow"

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I thought tonight was a pretty fun game and the GDT started off hilariously.

So, my only minus, and it's a BIG one, goes out to DirecTV's Center Ice. Years prior, they'd air the pre and post game shows. Now, they start seconds before the pucks dropped and end the broadcast as the final buzzer is going off.

Really pisses me off.

Contender

Sep 22, 2014

Perron-Crosby-Downie
Trade/Kunitz-Malkin-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett
Spaling-Goc-Comeau
Farnham/Adams

I'd be down with this.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Despres was super angry, and he missed maybe 3 shifts. MJ may have just thought he would be distracted. All will be fine. 27 being out there though, he didn't clear a single puck tonight on the right wing.

+ Secondary Sid
+ Tank-mode Malkin
+ Down with the sickness
+ Hasselhoff
+ Dream Beaut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad