Post-Game Talk: Pens 6, Ducks 2: Pens Win, Kunitz Continues to Elevate Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Where would Sid be without Kunitz?

Another step forward for Pouliot and Sundqvist.

Fleury needs to see his shrink . . . NOW. Seriously, someone mentioned his not looking right since the concussion. Hope that's just a coincidence.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Where would Sid be without Kunitz?

Another step forward for Pouliot and Sundqvist.

Fleury needs to see his shrink . . . NOW. Seriously, someone mentioned his not looking right since the concussion. Hope that's just a coincidence.

still 30+ saves ...I think he'll be fine..

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Kunitz, Kunitz, Kunitz, Kuuunitz. KUNITZ! Kunitz, Kunitz, Kunitz, Kuuunitz. KUNITZ!
Kunitz, Kunitz, Kunitz, Kuuunitz. KUNITZ! Kunitz, Kunitz, Kunitz, Kuuunitz. KUNITZ!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
All i know is Sully signing on with WBS before the season may be a Godsend for this team.
With every good game they play, i lean more and more towards that fact.

This team doesn't play like this under Hynes, Martin, etc.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

I have but one thing to add to this:

Kunitz

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
++++++++ Sid

+

Letang
Daley
Maatta
Pouliot
Hagelin
Hornqvist
Cullen
3rd line
4th line

=

Kessel
Fleury
Kunitz

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
MAF looks off. Just the way he is squaring up to shooters, demeanor Etc. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Night and day from the team that played Anaheim earlier in the season. Speed Kills

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Anyone else see a bit of Staal in Sunny?

Kuhn/Sunny/Rust line was awesome... hell, the entire WBS bunch was fantastic tonight.

Kunitz is at another level right now, getting Sid two assist and goals.

I thought Tanger tried to do a little to much tonight after his amazing start.

DP51 is looking very promising. Looks much stronger out there.

Really enjoying watching this team play again. Im looking forward to games again, rather than watching because thats what I do.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
6-2 lead, all the lowers are emptying out os people can save a precious half hour of their life tonight.

I'm completely disgusted by how empty the place was at the end. Awesome game, Sid is playing unreal and has a chance at a HT, and you leave early? I feel like the organization/players/media should call them out.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++++++++++++++Sid isn't an Alien, but.....

All 4 lines were just animals.
Defense was smokin' too.

Kunitz was there[:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse] A round up.:popcorn:

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Gotta give a big + to the bottom 6 tonight. Controlled play, ate up minutes, lots of energy, and generated lots of chances from the backend. And scored.

+++ to Olli, +4, 1G, 23:27 TOI, 1 second from leading the team, silky smooth all night, and took a big shoulder check and bounced right back. He looks like a full growed man out there.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ Crosby was a monster
+ No one pissed me off on defense
+ Rust is a gem of a 3rd rounder
+ Sundqvist is adapting and Pouliot is getting into the offense more.

- Fleury is concerning. Related to that concussion, another physical problem, a mental problem? idk, but it's worrying.

I have but one thing to add to this:

Kunitz

Kunitz? Kunitz! Kunitz. Kunitz

gtpeli2

Feb 5, 2014
All it took was canning the juniors coach to get things turned around. Who knew?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Anyone else see a bit of Staal in Sunny?

Kuhn/Sunny/Rust line was awesome... hell, the entire WBS bunch was fantastic tonight.

Kunitz is at another level right now, getting Sid two assist and goals.

I thought Tanger tried to do a little to much tonight after his amazing start.

DP51 is looking very promising. Looks much stronger out there.

Really enjoying watching this team play again. Im looking forward to games again, rather than watching because thats what I do.

DP is getting some of his creativity and confidence in the O zone, all starts from him settling down and doing the simple things in the D zone. I also think playing with some of the AHL guys is giving him a comfort level.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
I'm completely disgusted by how empty the place was at the end. Awesome game, Sid is playing unreal and has a chance at a HT, and you leave early? I feel like the organization/players/media should call them out.

I haven't been to a game in Pittsburgh since 09, but isn't that mostly corporate *******s anyway? Not surprising, if you ask me.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I watch quite a lot of Anaheim and they've been really good lately and what I have to say is, the Pens speed is legit. They dominated a healthy Lightning team for stretches. They did the same against a really good Florida team. They absolutely skated circles around Anaheim tonight.

Now, most of this speed isn't attached to bodies that can do much with it (ie score), but it doesn't matter because it allows them to prevent being hemmed in for long stretches of time, as opposed to last year (and the year prior) when the people who couldn't score also couldn't possess the puck and they were just hanging on for dear life 45 seconds at a time.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Is it wrong that I think Kunitz has been okay lately? Obviously his numbers are padded, but he has made some nice plays.

gtpeli2

Feb 5, 2014
Interested to see what Sullivan does when Bennett, Bonino, Fehr return. Young guys have shown that they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad