Post-Game Talk: Pens 6, Caps 2 - The Hockey Gods Sure Do Have a Wicked Sense of Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The View from the other side, Daily Affirmation version:

This series is a chance to ignore those temptations. You have to believe that you are good enough, that your best game is better than anything Pittsburgh has to offer, that having the league’s top record two years in a row wasn’t a fluke or an accident but a result of superior talent and unmatched consistency. You have to trust that if you demonstrate that on the ice — if you utterly dominate a period the way the Caps did Saturday night, with 35 shot attempts to Pittsburgh’s eight — you’ll be rewarded in the end.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...0e4656c22aa_story.html?utm_term=.c30083d87f8e

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Lol comparing regular season success to playoff success.

" that having the league’s top record two years in a row wasn’t a fluke or an accident but a result of superior talent and unmatched consistency."

I actually have tickets to tomorrow's game. I go to every third one as that is how we split the season tickets. I really hope that they put the final nail in the coffin tomorrow, then they can coast some if they want to.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The Caps had their players meeting and by the sound of it they aired some dirty laundry. My guess is Shatty took some heat. We have to come hard in game 3. We get the first goal and we replant the seeds of doubt and just maybe we break their will and they fold. If they get the lead they will get some mojo going, especially if they win the game. Then they are right back in it. We can't have another poor start, it will bite us sooner or later.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I actually have tickets to tomorrow's game. I go to every third one as that is how we split the season tickets. I really hope that they put the final nail in the coffin tomorrow, then they can coast some if they want to.

I just hope we can get this series done and over with and rest up for Ott/NYR. I don't see Caps winning 4 of the last 5 games unless this team all of a sudden has a mental breakdown of Bylsma lead team proportions.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Pens need to stick it to the Caps hard today. **** on their souls and let's be done with them.

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
He was taking the Caps to task, saying they haven't/can't raise their game to playoff level. Then Carter tried saying how the Pens have something to do with that and JR interrupted him 15 times, as someone in here said. He said how he disagreed and the Caps are "letting" the Pens play that way. He was basically taking it personally how the Caps are playing because he chose them as the Cup winners. I think what he was saying was fine, until he got to the part where he said the Caps were letting them play that way.

But then they started talking about Sid and Carter made a comment like "I know you hate pumping Sid's tires." And JR said "it's not about pumping Sid's tires. It's.... " Then he went on a weird thing about being an ex Flyer and sitting at the desk, you have to be objective (well, he said subjective :laugh: ) and he has to sit there and give reasoning on why he picked the Caps while they're playing the way they are.

Tl;dr He's mad because he picked the Caps to win the Cup and he has to explain why while they play like **** (even though they really aren't).

Keith Jones had this strange look on his face when he was talking about how good Crosby was between periods of the predator game. I love how they have to kiss his ass again after talking so much **** during the DB era.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Keith Jones had this strange look on his face when he was talking about how good Crosby was between periods of the predator game. I love how they have to kiss his ass again after talking so much **** during the DB era.
I don't blame people for not like the Pens under Bylsma. They were emotionally volatile and the clueless bum behind the bench had no idea what to say or do in a tough series. His analysis about "goals we scored but didn't go in" or however it went was simply embarrassing. And Matt Cooke didn't help our rep any.

Sully's Pens, OTOH, are good-guy hockey heroes. Mostly rhetorical, but how can any honest fan of the sport fail to love the "just play" ethos he has instilled here?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
I don't blame people for not like the Pens under Bylsma. They were emotionally volatile and the clueless bum behind the bench had no idea what to say or do in a tough series. His analysis about "goals we scored but didn't go in" or however it went was simply embarrassing. And Matt Cooke didn't help our rep any.

Sully's Pens, OTOH, are good-guy hockey heroes. Mostly rhetorical, but how can any honest fan of the sport fail to love the "just play" ethos he has instilled here?

From what I've seen in non-HF Places, it's back to the whole "The Crosby draft was rigged, he should have gone to the Rangers or a Canadian Team" / "Without Crosby, you'd be in either Kansas City or Hamilton right now" thing all over again.

And a little bit of "Your team should have been removed from the league because Matt Cooke" even in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad