Post-Game Talk: Pens 6, Caps 2 - The Hockey Gods Sure Do Have a Wicked Sense of Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens sweep in the Caps house . . .

- Despite the team not playing well.

- With Fleury so thoroughly outplaying Holtby. Hat tip to RG for playing the 'Holtby will be the first goalie pulled in the series' prop bet with Vegas. Gonna share those winnings? :naughty:

- With this defense that, among other things, couldn't make a first pass if Phil Kessel's good nut depended on it.

- With Kunitz-Geno-Kessel being the line Sully put together that started the 5 on 5 push back in game two and then proceeded to dominate the Caps pretty much every shift.

And all seriousness, leaving the Fleury apologists and haters for the sake of hating out of the room, on behalf of the grown ups, who have been honest about the downs and the ups, let me repeat what I said in the GDT:

With Fleury, you forget what was, appreciate what is, and tip your cap to Marc Andre Fleury. Good for him.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Never thought in a million years MAF would start this series Halak'ing WSH.
He's been unreal.
Still don't know if we're gonna win this series though. lol

BB Gun

Mar 28, 2013
MAF gave us a chance. We took it.

Let's eat!

lGuYeSHJAYMrS.gif

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
So basically in these playoffs the key is to absolutely suck in the first period.:laugh::laugh:

Okay guys don't let up. Finish them at home. Don't give them any hope that they can come back in this series.

Hopefully the injuries aren't bad.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Fleury played a calm and controlled game - never thought I would ever type those words, but it's true. He was calm and confident in net - absorbed rebounds, wasn't overly aggressive.

Guy came up clutch during the big moments. Granted, the Caps couldn't finish to save their lives, but Fleury was really the key that kept the Pens in this one.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Good showing by our vets:

- Crosby: Found a gear to give us a lead

- Cullen: For an absolutely gigantic and backbreaking SHG

- Malkin: For getting that 5th goal. Make no mistake the Caps were coming hard once they got it to 4-2. That goal took all of the energy out of them and their crowd.

And finally

- Maf. I think winning that first series has taken all the pressure off of him. He knows he's playing with house money. This is some of the best hockey he's ever played as a Penguin. He's giving us a chance even when we're not at our best.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Half watched in the bar. I'm not going to complain about anything, we have taken both games in their ****hole. Thank you and see you in Pittsburgh :D

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
They really took the "bad first period" thing to a new level tonight. But nice finish in any event.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
for all the high fiving that's going to be done here, I wonder if we had #58, this series might actually have ended in 4 or 5 games. but i am sure it eats him alive, so NOT..

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Who would have thought that Fleury would be easily our best player after two away games in Washington? :highclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad