Post-Game Talk: Pens 5 - Sabres 0...well that was expected.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Bortuzzo and Harrington were rotating with Ehrhoff. I was really hoping Despres would get bumped into the top-4.

Me too. I guess they want to keep as much continuity as possible. It's odd that Bort would get top 4 duty. For once, I want to see everyone healthy to see how they value each guy. Would Bort have stayed in the press box if Maatta didn't need surgery? Is Harry ever going to get a game?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Me too. I guess they want to keep as much continuity as possible. It's odd that Bort would get top 4 duty. For once, I want to see everyone healthy to see how they value each guy. Would Bort have stayed in the press box if Maatta didn't need surgery? Is Harry ever going to get a game?

Everyone gets a babysitter, and every pairing has a PMD and someone to be more defensive. Maatta is gone so Letang gets Martin as a safety net and they worked before, Bortuzzo/Harrington gets Ehrhoff and Scuderi still has Despres. The size/physicality is also spread out.

IIRC Martin-Ehrhoff has been getting the toughest usage so that should be interesting. Who knows how it will play out in a game or over a few games.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I like this team's killer instinct. They don't let off once they are up. We are really just a few tweaks away from being as complete as we have had here in a long time.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I like this team's killer instinct. They don't let off once they are up. We are really just a few tweaks away from being as complete as we have had here in a long time.

Our old bad habbits are slowly going away, finally. Figured 5 years of bad habbits would take longer to wash away?

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Our old bad habbits are slowly going away, finally. Figured 5 years of bad habbits would take longer to wash away?

I think we're getting carried away a little bit here. I fully expect a disappointing setback game or even a string of them relatively soon. And I'm curious about the board's reaction to it.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think we're getting carried away a little bit here. I fully expect a disappointing setback game or even a string of them relatively soon. And I'm curious about the board's reaction to it.

We already had a couple in a row and everyone was losing their minds.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

It will take a while for all of it wash away, getting to something less ridiculous is probably helping on a basic level along with a lot of new players and Despres being sheltered from Bylsma.

Rage implosion. :laugh:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Even when they were losing a few games in a row, they didn't look bad doing it. One loss in particular, I thought they were the superior team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad