Post-Game Talk: Pens 5, Ducks 2: The Despres -2, The Cup is Ours Edition

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Secondary assist Sid strikes again. This time with an empty netter :sarcasm:

Good game besides the sloppy defense in the 3rd.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Secondary assist Sid strikes again. This time with an empty netter :sarcasm:

Good game besides the sloppy defense in the 3rd.

Well, if the approach with the goalie in the net isn't working . . . :p:

EDIT: By the way, Lovejoy did have a good game. And, as NotColePens is coming to discover the handicap that is skating with Scuderi, he's adjusting as well as one could hope.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Ref

+++++++ to Sid getting angry and potting the empty netter anyway.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
++ Horny
++ Andersen
+ Comb eauver
+ Greiss - Apart from one goal deflecting over him he was faultless.
+ E.N.G!
- Foot off the gas

++ PK
-- PP

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
+ crosby finally got his empty net goal = charlie brown finally kicking that football

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Don't know that we outplayed the Ducks for most of the 60 minutes, but we had a great 2nd period and that was apparently enough.

+Crosby getting EN goal. Is this real life?

Huge - keeping Pouliot off the PP, then later + for putting him on.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thought it was a pretty good road game against a very good team. They stuck with it after the 1st and got rewarded, pucks to the net with traffic.

Greiss played very well. Made several key stops. Ducks 2nd goal was just a fluke bounce of Horny's skate.

Stop putting Adams out in a defensive role to end games. He's brutal. Just stop it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
------- Pittsburgh media

+ 2nd period
- 3rd period

The powerplay is still an abortion as well. They seem to struggle so much with zone entries. Half the powerplays seem to be killed just by the Pens failing to gain entry into the zone and having to regroup to try again.

On the plus side, Geno continues to look great and Hornqvist is finding his scoring touch and playing fantastic hockey.

On the negative side, Adams still sucks (so awful at clearing the puck, aside from everything else he is awful at) and Sutter loses every single puck/board battle.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Very good win. D a little shaky there the last 10 minutes but all in all a nice win. Sutter was a rag doll tonight. Man he is just weak with that size match up. Spaling was also not able to hang with the Ducks big boys.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Debated staying up for this game since I have to be at work at 7 tomorrow but I'm glad I did.

Malkin and Crosby with 2 points each. I want one of them to get the Art Ross. I was fully expecting Crosby to get knocked down or miss the net at the end there.

Hornqvist was great of course. Letang tying his career high with his 50th point was nice to see too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad