Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Rangers 2 - Win One for the Bortsie

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
1) Terrible news for MSL :(

2) Best thing I ever called was in 2009 when we were in 10th place I said a change in system would win us a Cup. It was a blessing. Too bad we never went back to that system :laugh:

3) I don't get the point of NITH's posting here. What are you trying to do? It's rather... weird. You are a genius? Should the woman in the office who won the NCAA bracket w/o every watching college basketball be the next coach of Duke? Lol. It's rather weird.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
1) Terrible news for MSL :(

2) Best thing I ever called was in 2009 when we were in 10th place I said a change in system would win us a Cup. It was a blessing. Too bad we never went back to that system :laugh:

3) I don't get the point of NITH's posting here. What are you trying to do? It's rather... weird. You are a genius? Should the woman in the office who won the NCAA bracket w/o every watching college basketball be the next coach of Duke? Lol. It's rather weird.

The funny thing is that Mario supposedly talked the rest of this team into a defense first adjustment that turned around a 3-0 deficit to the Caps in the playoffs. He has seen it work up close and personal. I wonder if it actually was him who stepped in and demanded these changes with that story in mind.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That's by far my favorite hockey story of all time. I'd killlll to be a fly on the wall for that. Standing up to bowman of all people. Makes me wonder why Mario can stay away when he sees what he does.

I still wonder if losing bowman was the worst thing possible for the years after.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The funny thing is that Mario supposedly talked the rest of this team into a defense first adjustment that turned around a 3-0 deficit to the Caps in the playoffs. He has seen it work up close and personal. I wonder if it actually was him who stepped in and demanded these changes with that story in mind.

Wasn't it a 3-1 deficit? The Cup teams never overcame a straight 3-0, I thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad