Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Rangers 2 - Win One for the Bortsie

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Screen+shot+2013-05-31+at+9.42.25+AM.png

+ Everything.

We look like a team. A damn good one, too.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
- orpik
- scuderi

after such an awful, awful season, who would have guessed half way through the second round this would become a team worth rooting for

what a game by gibbons and malkin

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
"Dan Bylsma has created a monster"
-Doc Emerick regarding Sid and Geno playing together

+pretty much everything sans Orpik and Scuderi as usual. tremendous d.
-one weak goal given up

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Not going harp too much on 44 dressing. What's important is that I doubt we see him for the rest of the playoffs.

Geno, Letang, and Gibby were all awesome tonight. Fleury's only let in one softie in the last 3 games. I can live with that. Finish 'em off at Consol boys!!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Basically a perfect game even though we let two in. We could have scored six but for Lundqvist.

We're not out of the woods til we're out of the woods though. Finish this on home ice, or you risk it becoming a game 7.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
+I am even excited when I see Adams, because I know Vitale and Gibbons are on the ice

-Only DB would change the lineup that pitched two straight shutouts

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Our top line is starting to gain chemistry and momentum. Watch out when they figure it all out.

Kunitz was frustrating as hell most of the night. Sid was awesome in the third. Geno just went into 'I'm playing a different game than everyone else' mode.

What I'd give to see that line for 60 minutes with both Sid and Geno on and Kunitz not channeling his inner Duperstar.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
+ Sid and Geno have finally had enough. Geno broke out of his Olympic funk and Sid is playing the reliable sidekick.

+ Sutter. Goc threatening his spot woke him the hell up.

+ Martin. He's turned Letang from a mess into an asset again.

+ Gibbons. He shoved Glass out of the lineup and is dangerous whenever he's on the ice.

Shocker : If MAF hadn't brainfarted in Game 1, we'd have swept this team.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They look like a team, I didn't see that happening and I feel oddly proud of them. They did that with 4 and a bit defensemen. Bylsma can keep Adams if Despres replaces Scuderi.

Orpik's knee has to be gone.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
+ Letang and Martin were unbelievable again.

We made the rags look pathetic tonight. They helped a lot.

+ I'll give Scuderi some love. I counted one bad shift but other than that he was pretty solid, which was huge once we were down to five. May be the only time I've been able to say this in like three months. If he can play more games like this, unremarkable and unnoticeable, that's not that bad. Also the predictable Scuderi hate on the Rags' first goal... sure didn't see that coming.

+ Rough first half of the game for Gibbons but terrific second half.

+ Stemp had a great game too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Geno and Sid are playing lights out hockey. We're getting lucky goals. We're responding perfectly whenever the Rangers score. Fleury isn't losing us games. We avoided Philly and Detroit in round 1, and we avoided Philly in round 2 and got an exhausted, embarrassingly underachieving Rangers team instead.

Things are shaping up exactly how we need them to. The stars are aligning, and even the most pessimistic of us are enjoying the ride.

I still hate Bylsma, Orpik, Scuderi, Gladams, and think Shero is a brainless, spineless idiot. For the record. :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
"Dan Bylsma has created a monster"
-Doc Emerick regarding Sid and Geno playing together

+pretty much everything sans Orpik and Scuderi as usual. tremendous d.
-one weak goal given up

Sid and Geno created the monster. The lines still would be **** if Sid and Geno didn't 'suggest' playing together.

Dr Frasier Crane

Oct 16, 2008
Boston, MA
Can't say enough how impressed I have been with Letang. Smart plays whenever it's required, and aggressive at just the right times.

He and Martin have been our two best players all series (until Geno tonight).

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Kunitz was frustrating as hell most of the night. Sid was awesome in the third. Geno just went into 'I'm playing a different game than everyone else' mode.

What I'd give to see that line for 60 minutes with both Sid and Geno on and Kunitz not channeling his inner Duperstar.

I'd consider switching up Kunitz and Stempniak and seeing what we get.

EDIT : Holy crap. 30:05 for Martin.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I dunno if the Rangers playing so much hockey without little rest has alot to do with this but the Pens have finally found their stride mainly with Geno/Sid demanding to play with each other, coaches finally benching Glass and lucking into the right D-Core.

Team playing like this is a tougher out then the one that lost 4 straight to Boston last year imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad