Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 2: Bones With Sweet Chin Music for the W

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Hoping rust isn't gone long.

Malkin needs to be better

I thought Geno was very good in the first. Everyone but Sid was iffy in the second. He was fine in the 3rd. If he builds on this, we're fine.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Sid was great tonight. Hornqvist needs to finish. Bonino and Rust came through. We put up 41 shots. Not too shabby.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Really odd to see the game finish 3-2. Thought the Pens outchanced the Sharks 5..6-1. Certainly felt really lopsided. Martin Jones must have borrowed Vasilesky's horse shoe.

San Jose's goals were kinda lucky too.

But a win is a win.. and the game was entertaining for sure. On to game 2...

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Huge win. Would have been a touch deflating to lose after going up 2-0 and generally being the better team.

I really hope Rust will be back for game two though. He's a difference maker right now.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We need to get our first 2-0 lead in these playoffs. We've split the first two of every series.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Wonder who checks in if Rust can't go?
Probably Beau or Sundqvist.
Hope Rust is ok and can go.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
Considering how quickly Rust returned to the bench I'm hoping it was just them playing it safe.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid, Bones, Rust and Sheary with god-tier performances. Just awesome stuff from those guys.

Nobody was outright terrible in this game from the Pens side. Lovejoy with a terrible penalty late to potentially tie the game and Cole got beat on some plays but otherwise I'm liking what I'm seeing.

That's all you need. A couple of guys to step up. The people who 'scouted' the Sharks as being like the Caps without the chippiness (i.e., excessive dirty and clutch and grab style) were right on, because Sid has more room against their 'best' guys than I've seen him get perhaps all post season.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
There was plenty of shooting by the Penguins. Too many low quality scoring chances in my opinion. But one of the Pens weaknesses is they have a lot of guys that can't pass to save their life.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm not. Not with the way he tried to come back and went right back off.

He wasn't back in the quiet room for the full 15 minutes that they're supposed to be. I'm surprised he came back out at all. He *might* miss Wednesday, but I can't imagine him sitting beyond that. Hockey players are dumb.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Sid was our best player tonight. but my god does he need to stop trying to setup Horny and Sheary every time, Sid you have a sick shot, SHOOT THE DAMN THING, Horny will be bank in the rebound!!!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He wasn't back in the quiet room for the full 15 minutes that they're supposed to be. I'm surprised he came back out at all. He *might* miss Wednesday, but I can't imagine him sitting beyond that. Hockey players are dumb.

I shudder to think what they do with lines if he misses Wednesday. Maybe Bennett?

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It must be hard to keep a straight face when you work for the dops and you have to say that you take head injuries seriously.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
It'll be the last thing Jones expects next game. :laugh:

:laugh:

Lovejoy had some pretty questionable moments, but that penalty's on the ref. What a dick.

I really wish people would stop this. Nah, the penalty was on Lovejoy. Just like Cole's idiotic, lazy hook that gave them life and lead to their first goal was squarely on Cole's shoulders.

We have to be a ton smarter. We tried like Hell to give this game away after the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad