Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 1: Geno then Murray then Fehr Drop the Microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
It's never made much sense to me. I'm guessing it was just jealousy based on drafting both Sid and Geno, which then spread like wildfire due to the fact that we went to the cup finals twice in a row in 08/09? It was just the cool thing to do to hate the best team in the league? :dunno:

But at a certain point I would think that you'd have to ask yourself why you hate the Pens when you don't hate the Blackhawks or the Kings. But that doesn't seem to have happened. I think most of them hate the Pens for no reason other than that they know someone else who don't like the Pens. It's like an ocean current of idiots who have no idea why they're moving in any given direction, but just going along with the flow. And what sucks is that the media seems to have really embraced it at this point, which obviously makes it worse.

Right now, I don't give a **** what they think. I actually think it's funny that they waste their time hating a good team when they likely don't even have an understanding of why they hate the team.

There are still ****ing morons out there who think the fix is in and the NHL wants the Pens to win. Um, wouldn't you think that they would have done the "fix" sooner than 7 years between Cup appearances. :shakehead

I've got no problem discussing topics with fans who don't like the Penguins yet are at least objective and are not delusional but it's the ones with their pathetic conspiracy theories that no matter what will always believe the league favors the Pens in everything.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
Oh, for sure. I embraced it a long time ago. The howling is just particularly strident, right the moment. Frankly, I love it. It's just puzzling. But then again... if you can count on one thing it's this -- people are stupid.

Hey... time to put on my abrasive tin foil hat for a second. Anyone notice that the Shark's bench gate seems to swing open an awful lot while there are Penguins skaters in the area? And often times without a change in personnel! Strange. That's awfully dangerous but I'm sure it's just some innocent butterfinger over there. Purely accidental, I'd wager.

I did notice that Sid was checked directly into the open gate.

There are still ****ing morons out there who think the fix is in and the NHL wants the Pens to win. Um, wouldn't you think that they would have done the "fix" sooner than 7 years between Cup appearances. :shakehead

I've got no problem discussing topics with fans who don't like the Penguins yet are at least objective and are not delusional but it's the ones with their pathetic conspiracy theories that no matter what will always believe the league favors the Pens in everything.

Of course it makes no sense at all. :laugh:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Is that wrasslin'?

Yes. The Death Star is HHH's old ring name. The name he used the last time he lost a big match. Back in 1983.

You have 31,000 posts and get quoted all the time, a little tough to avoid on this board :laugh:

I'm sorry

I knew you were going to run with it and I love you for it :laugh:

Just doin my job. *tips fedora*

Ahhh **** you spoiled it for me! Thanks a lot.

FRET NOT! They have a bunch of replacement Death Stars in reserve

Yeah... I was gonna say... perhaps we should stay away from that comparison. It doesn't seem to end well for them. Though considering Disney owns the rights to infinite sequels... we'll probably never find out for certain.

Young fools. Your faith in your Penguins is your weakness. I assure you this Sharks comeback IS fully armed and operational. Only now, at the end, do you truly understand.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Lollllll at Flyers fans omg never seen so much salt over anything. I'm dying laughing.

Win it at home and give Crosby the CS would bring Philly to its knees.

Penguins could fabricate some sort of maintenance issue at Consol and play the next game at Wachovia center. I can't think of anything that would make Flyers fans angrier than a Penguins cup on Flyer ice.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Oh, for sure. I embraced it a long time ago. The howling is just particularly strident, right the moment. Frankly, I love it. It's just puzzling. But then again... if you can count on one thing it's this -- people are stupid.

Hey... time to put on my abrasive tin foil hat for a second. Anyone notice that the Shark's bench gate seems to swing open an awful lot while there are Penguins skaters in the area? And often times without a change in personnel! Strange. That's awfully dangerous but I'm sure it's just some innocent butterfinger over there. Purely accidental, I'd wager.

I commented on that last night while we were watching the game. It's at least the second time it's happened this series and I think it actually might be the third. At best they're being really careless and/or need to get the latch on that door fixed. Maybe I'm just super sensitive about it though after Maatta getting destroyed on an open door earlier this year by Neiderreiter. I read somewhere the other day that the bruise from that was so deep it still hasn't faded and it's been like six months.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I commented on that last night while we were watching the game. It's at least the second time it's happened this series and I think it actually might be the third. At best they're being really careless and/or need to get the latch on that door fixed. Maybe I'm just super sensitive about it though after Maatta getting destroyed on an open door earlier this year by Neiderreiter. I read somewhere the other day that the bruise from that was so deep it still hasn't faded and it's been like six months.

In the end, I have to assume it's just a coincidence or accidental. So I'm having a bit of fun. But I don't usually make note of something like that and it seems to have happened quite a bit. You are probably right about the Maatta thing, though. That has subconsciously made me look for it more, I'm betting. I suppose I can't think that any team would be that reckless, negligent and have such a lack of respect for their peers. But, I mean... look around the league, I guess. It's a reckless, negligent league populated by players who seemingly have little to no respect for each other.

The Ole two-niner was livid when that happened.

Said "that's a DIRTY, DIRTY play".

Huh. Didn't catch that. Interesting that he mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad