Post-Game Talk: Pens 3 - Jets 0

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Cannot be a contender with both special teams as trash as this. You can absorb it if one of them is trash but not both. Pens have one of the worst PPs in the league and they score 2. Leafs were on like a 10 game cold streak last game on the PP and they score 2.

Pionk was awful. This is the player that worries me the most going into the playoffs. A couple of terrible plays by him giving scoring chances to other team when the Jets had them hemmed in in the 3rd.

55 was good. The other 2 guys on his line... not so much.

4th line looks good.
they got 2 on a MAJOR.... leafs got 2 and 1 was on a 5v3.... context matters...

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I always felt like the PP was more of a stylistic issue than the players at hand.

Insert Monahan or not, it's not gonna fix it until there's a systematic shift.

KC, Ehlers, scheifele, Vilardi, nino, morrissey, Perfetti.... These are not bad or players lacking skill.

Yet ranked near the bottom in pp gf/60 and xgf/60.

Should've traded 1st+ for a new PP coach.

Anyway on to the next one...

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The upside is that Toronto is closer to missing the playoffs now.

KFC was still playing like it was the Allstar game - admiring his own talent a bit too much

5 min major but I didn't see match on Dillon - NHL makes rulings based on how bad injuries look rather than legal or illegal hits so he could get nailed

Monahan line was our best line - that's a good sign

Schmidt is f***ing awful - he's a puck watcher - but coaches still believe in him

Not sure if Iafallo is knocked or just gassed but I'd take AJF over him right now

Barron deserves PP2 time - that guy works - maybe mix up the bottom six, our checking line is a dud lately

Countdown to the zoo crew calling for Bowness to be fired...

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Jets haven't been bad this stretch, they weren't bad tonight, some rust and bad luck for sure but I don't think throwing a wrench in everything will yield anything positive. Beyond the first 15ish minutes of that game the Jets were the better team. Sucks that we have 2 goals in 4 games but you don't want to overcorrect.

Repeating myself, but I think Vilardi and Ehlers work a lot better than Vilardi and Connor.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
they got 2 on a MAJOR.... leafs got 2 and 1 was on a 5v3.... context matters...
Look at the process rather than the final result. Both team got great chances despite having shit PPs/ Aavco on twitter posts regular updates on xGA on the PK and it has been going in the wrong direction for a while being held together by goaltending. Was only a matter of time before goals started going in too.

Reactions: hn777

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
what-the-hell-was-that-smoking.gif

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Jets haven't been bad this stretch, they weren't bad tonight, some rust and bad luck for sure but I don't think throwing a wrench in everything will yield anything positive. Beyond the first 15ish minutes of that game the Jets were the better team. Sucks that we have 2 goals in 4 games but you don't want to overcorrect.

Repeating myself, but I think Vilardi and Ehlers work a lot better than Vilardi and Connor.
I agree but that really leaves nobody to drive the second line

Reactions: hn777

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
MORRissey and Scheiffle looked good, Jets forwards needed a little more transmission oil tonight, not getting it into reverse quite fast enough, but let tonight be a lesson for them. No worries.
Monaghan was pretty good and Villy, Neiderreiter, Lowry, Connor OK. Perfecto and Ehlers got stuck in second gear but they should be good for next game.
Helly was not at top form but I’m sure he’s left the break behind him.

Reactions: roccerfeller

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd really like to see Ehlers back on the 1st line with Scheifele, as they were clicking well when Connor was out. Then shift Connor back to the 2nd line. See what happens.

I think Ehlers is a better all around hockey player than Connor is, who's more of a pure goal scorer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad