Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Canes 2 - Kunitz Ties Guentzel for 2nd to Last Among Forwards in Goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pouliot re-assigned to WBS, Jarry recalled. I'm surprised Pouliot is being sent down, I guess that means Maatta and/or Letang is coming back.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
We will be leaving Pouliot exposed in the draft so hopefully all of this prevents Vegas from taking him.

I still say he's a part of this teams future

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Issue is they seemingly only do this to players who were on the 09 cup roster. It's glaringly obvious that they want to prop these guys up even when they are playing like hot crap. Remember "Scuderi is helping Despres?"

I don't know. Was this "Scuderi is helping Despres" not something coahes / guys like Dejan said? I can't remember the pens twitter account posting something in the way. They probably talked about Scuds "veteran leadership", but his praise worthy attributes were kind of nonexistent otherwise :laugh:

Yeah I think the problem with this is that there's definitely a bias to it that makes people uneasy. Forget Kunitz; that stuff definitely falls under the "make everyone look good" category. But the passive-aggressive defense of Fleury over Murray is really off-putting. Notice how we're only supposed to support both goalies when Fleury has the net? No mention of that when it's Murray. Or when Murray gives up a bad goal, it's one he'd like back, but when Fleury does it it just got away from him, or he was screened, or aliens invaded.

They use a different kind of language for Fleury. It's clearly because they, more than anyone, get to see what a fun and lovely person he is and cheer for him personally (they're fairly open about that). But it is unsettling to consider that this is an attitude that permeates the rest of the organization, too.

I guess they read the stats, too. Before the emergence of Murray I felt like Steigy and Errey were just their normal homer self in regards to MAF. They talked too highly of him like they did with every veteran on the team, but they also acknowlegded his mistakes. But this year they probably felt the need to talk him up because of his horrible stats.

All in all I just wanted to remind people to not take the social media and announcers too serious. I just think all theese Moorehouse conspiracies are just that, conspiracies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The writing was on the wall for Pouliot when the two AHL call-ups (Oleksy and Ruhwedel) were getting more ice time than him.

If the coaching staff doesn't even have the confidence in you to play you more than two AHL-lifers, you're probably the first to get demoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad