Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Preds 0 - DYNASTY . . . Pens Win Stanley Cup 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Nothing is more satisfying than the win, especially when the team can fight through all the adversity they were faced with all year.

That being said, it's always funny to hear the poor arguments from other teams' fans about why the Pens are the NHL's Golden Boys and all the other nonsense they spew. It's funny for sure, but nowhere near as sweet as realizing your team is the cream of the crop!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Just wanted to congratulate the Pens for a great year, and on winning the Stanley Cup. You guys deserve it. A classy organization from top to bottom. I hope to see a three-peat. Wish I was in Pittsburgh to celebrate!

Thanks a ton....can we now have Trouba to help with the 3peat?

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Thanks a ton....can we now have Trouba to help with the 3peat?

As long as the Jets are donating players, I have some interested in that big ol' Finish kid. What's his name? Lawnchair? Anywho, he's barely been in the league so they won't miss him. A diamond in the ruff, perhaps, who's flown under the radar. Jets4Life, please deliver to the Paint Can and I will prepare something with french fries on it for him (and you, for the trouble).

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Refs blow.

Whoever booed blows.

The notion that we should have even considered benching Murray at any point blows.

The fact that we repeated blows my mind. Incredible. I actually think we can threepeat.

This is actually the incredible part. JR will have enough cap flexibility to make moves to significantly make this team better.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
If you'd have told me we'd win the Cup two years in a row after we got knocked out of the 1st round by the Rangers a few years ago, I'd probably have been banned for my response.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I still love that Ovechkin has been to the playoffs all these times without even reaching the conference finals, but Hainsey gets to hoist the Stanley Cup on his first trip to the playoffs.

And if you're still reading, Hainsey's brother in law guy, I don't hate Ron. I think he's kind of awesome.

Don't forget about Schultz. Never touched the playoffs and has now won 8 straight series.

As for Hainsey, he played more than what should have been asked of him and stuck to the Penguin 2016-2017 mantra... bend but don't break. I didn't like the trade, then he was solid. Cool. Looked OK in the playoffs to start. Good. Then he started to have some really bad games and it looked like the train was finally off the tracks. I was calling for Ruh in for him but he came back with very, very respectable games 5 and 6. Big time stuff. When interviewed by the CBC, he was asked something along the lines of "suffering so long..." and he stopped the guy and hit back very quickly "not suffering, not at all" (paraphrasing), which is a terrific off the cuff response for a professional athlete with some awareness of his lucky place in life. Good stuff all around.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Everything I've seen of Hainsey in interviews, he seems like a fantastic dude. But my god, was he rough for the vast, vast majority of the playoffs. Glad he was a part of the Cup run, and he can ride off into the sunset a champion, but I have absolutely zero desire to bring him back. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad