Post-Game Talk: Pens-2, Flames-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
That doesn't mean Kunitz wasn't terrible. He was. Just terrible. Here's the thing; we have seen Kessel and Hagelin produce together without Geno. So even if Geno was bad, the line could have a chance. Not with Kunitz there.

See, you are trying to overshadow the point using, Kunitz. I've already admitted he wasn't great.

You guys are using it as a crutch.

All Hagelin did was shoot a simple puck into the corner, and Sid's second goal had Cullen out there. Meaning Hagelin wasn't all that much a difference you all are making the Hagelin, Crosby, Hornqvist line.

It was Sid being Sid.

That line was going because they got a good fortunate bounce and a great deflection goal by Sid.

Now Geno, he wasn't getting the bounces, and he gave up the puck. Kunitz was out there for a single goal against. Geno was out there for two, and we won't count the one just after the 4 minute PK of Kuhnhackl's unfortunate high stick. Cullens line was out there and Kuhnhackl just got back on. That made it 3-2.

The next time they score it's all on, Geno. Pretty much ends the game.

That line then consisted of Hagelin, Malkin and Kessel. There is no excuses to be made here for him. Hagelin and Kessel were free to step up from the 2nd period on.

Who had the puck, and who gave up the puck regularly this game?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes, Geno had a bad game. I am not disputing that.

Kunitz also gave up the puck regularly today. It wasn't only with Geno. He did it with Sid too.

The thing is, Geno isn't bad every game. Kunitz is.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Certainly not my impression this season though as i can't remember last time we won on an afternoon.

January 17th, 2016 at 3:00 pm. They beat Carolina 5-0
January 23rd, 2016 at 12:30 pm. They beat Vancouver 5-4
February 21st, 2016 at 12:30 pm. They beat Buffalo 4-3
February 27th, 2016 at 3:00 pm. They beat Winnipeg 4-1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yes, Geno had a bad game. I am not disputing that.

Kunitz also gave up the puck regularly today. It wasn't only with Geno. He did it with Sid too.

The thing is, Geno isn't bad every game. Kunitz is.

It's such a weird argument. Nobody is denying Geno was nowhere near the level he needs to be for this team to succeed. The issue is that Kunitz, a complete disaster of a hockey player that honestly has no place on this hockey team, is still being given diplomatic immunity despite horrendous play over the course of the past couple of seasons.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's such a weird argument. Nobody is denying Geno was nowhere near the level he needs to be for this team to succeed. The issue is that Kunitz, a complete disaster of a hockey player that honestly has no place on this hockey team, is still being given diplomatic immunity despite horrendous play over the course of the past couple of seasons.

I just don't understand how trying to get Geno's line going resulted in Kunitz to the first line instead of Kunitz to the bottom 6. Its baffling. Beyond baffling. Infuriating. Seriously, I would be happier if we put Justin Schultz on Geno and Kessel's LW tomorrow.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Once the ref's allowed a blantantly obvious kick in goal I knew this would be a downhill battle and the pens would melt down. I just knew it.

Nothing called on the obvious Hagelin interference and a few other things.

Pens lose to the worst team in the NHL! Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahahha! What else can you do but laugh!! :yo::handclap::laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I just don't understand how trying to get Geno's line going resulted in Kunitz to the first line instead of Kunitz to the bottom 6. Its baffling. Beyond baffling. Infuriating. Seriously, I would be happier if we put Justin Schultz on Geno and Kessel's LW tomorrow.

"We know Kuni works with Sid and that KCH is a solid line, rough stretch aside. Malkin isn't play well now and Hagelin jump started the Malkin-Kessel duo before, just like how he sparked Crosby and Hornqvist. Now that Crosby and Hornqvist are going it's safe to reinsert Kuni back into his spot. Love that guy so much."

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
"We know Kuni works with Sid and that KCH is a solid line, rough stretch aside. Malkin isn't play well now and Hagelin jump started the Malkin-Kessel duo before, just like how he sparked Crosby and Hornqvist. Now that Crosby and Hornqvist are going it's safe to reinsert Kuni back into his spot. Love that guy so much."

:cry::cry::cry:

The sad part is that I am only about 50/50 on whether you made that quote up.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Geno probably should have taken the weekend off. He had a "maintenance day" yesterday. That line looked like ****.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
It'll suck, but in the end, it won't really have a personal impact on us once the season is over and maybe it'll spur on some major changes.

We've been hoping for major changes for years. But maybe missing the playoffs would expedite that. Hopefully geno/sid are still safe. Its not their fault the team hasnt won.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Ho hum. Another game against a physical team, another injury due to a big hit. Another loss. If only we had a little more speed.

Anyway, Nick Bonino makes Marcel Goc look noticeable. I hated bringing in this ghost, and he certainly didn't disappoint with his disappearing act.

Aside from being the least physical player in the league, which makes him fit right in around here, Kessel does next to nothing. Seeking out soft spots to flail wristers that miss the net by 7 feet. Well worth the money.

If #14 isn't a healthy scratch next game then I think it proves he has incriminating pictures of Lemieux, Burkle, and a farm animal.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I wonder what happen the last couple seasons here? I thought major change, that was.

Major changes would have been selling off guys like orpik, engelland, niskanen during 2012 in order to play younger guys. Fire every single person that wasnt an owner in 2013. Getting rid of bylsma wa bigs but 2-3 too late. This team also has never seemed to have a talent to plan for the future or assess their problem correctly.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They've needed asset accumulation more than anything. Trading Orpik and/or Niskanen would have helped that, being able to trade Martin would have helped and trading Kunitz when he first started to look done would have helped that. I've been saying they need one season dedicated to that for awhile. They're lucky the pieces they do have are turning out so well right now (if Bennett could stay healthy that would be great).

If they miss the playoffs and keep the 1st they'll have a 1st (possibly a lottery winner) and two 2nds, and could have a return for Kunitz and Bonino. It could be a great thing for the team long term assuming the org didn't immediately panic and make a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad