Pens 2, Flames 1 - Bortz Suspended, Engo to Defense, Despres Stays Away Edition

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This makes the trib commercials on the radio even better. Yohe and Rossi talking about how they breakdown the game better than anyone.

Neither one of them could have ever really played before. I'd say the at least 25% of HF board regulars (which is thousands) know much more than they do about the game.

I'd say that most people would be smart enough to at least google what they're talking about. Rossi is either too stupid to do that or too arrogant to do that for a damn article. They could all become more knowledgeable about what they're paid to cover, but that would be hard.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
PuckDaddy just retweeted the "naked Pen" in the locker room during Glass post game interview that went out over the air.

Feel bad for whoever the player was. :laugh: Letang's face is priceless in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
+2 points
+Marc played well and even the flopping turned out to be a good save
+Sill played well
+Niskanen
-Basically all of the usual suspects - Adams, Glass, Pyatt, Bylsma (not just saying that - those line combinations were abysmal). Dupuis was even atrocious yet again :sarcasm: (that symbol sucks)
-Another injury
-The team failing the eye test yet again
-Protect the lead hockey
--Letang - Gets a double minus because I didn't get a chance to give him a minus for Vancouver as well. Last night had a bad pinch that led to a chance in the first and then fell over in the 3rd on the goal. Ugh
-Root - Player interviews in their cubby where background only has the potential to be a wall and hockey gear? No, let's do the interview just outside the changing room, on an angle to include the entire door and the head of the player being interviewed off-center awkwardly to the left. Hilarity ensued but seriously what an unprofessional and inexcusable gaffe on their part
---Adams. Admit it, he deserves it

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
A minus to the Flames' third jerseys. Those belong in the Western Hockey League, not the NHL.

Sadly they're still an improvement from their normal set.

Behind St. Louis, Calgary was hit harder than anyone with the shift to the Edge template...just...awful stuff. And I wish they'd ditch the charred 'C' and just go back to the clean white on red that they did so perfectly in the 80s.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
John Forslund's probably better than Hughson. The entire Canes broadcast is the best local hockey broadcast in the states.

Imagine if there was a segment on Root where someone more professional than Jay Caufield told you how Derrick Pouliot and Marco Macaroni did in their games that night. Imagine if Bob Errey watched all 60 goals Thomas Hertl scored in the NHL and czech leagues and read a book about his home town as game prep for a random game against San Jose. Imagine between-whistle segments were spent diagramming the other team's faceoff plays instead of talking about George Clooney.

That's the Canes broadcast.

Anyways, Penguins won, but they're back to flunking the eyeball test again, like they were at the beginning of the year.

Forslund is great and I agree about the Canes whole team. I also like the Dallas and San Jose teams a lot. Forslund and Razor are really good together doing national broadcasts.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I like John Forslund, too. Tripp Tracy is awful, though.

Best regional broadcast in the United States imo is Bob Miller and Jim Fox with the Kings. I don't mind listening to the Stars' duo, too. But I just love Miller and Fox.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad