Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Caps 0 - And To Think We Doubted The Hockey Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
They may not have a choice but to change a lot, based on their salary cap issues. Doesn't mean they can't adequately replace players they lose.

As far as the Europeans thing goes, to put it nicely, that's an overly broad and grossly inaccurate generalization.

Innaccurate, how so? CAN/USA have the best hockey players in the world (CAN has won last 3-of-4 Olympic Gold medals and a World Cup.....USA was always right there behind them and could've just as easily won, as well).

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
You could have said the exact same thing about guys like Sheary and Rust last season. The only difference is injuries allowed them to keep playing and establish themselves.

I'm 100% certain he would help this team more than Kuhn and likely Wilson as well. He is more than just speed. He is tenacious as hell with a nice set of hands and well rounded game. He is an ace PK guy that causes major fits for point men with his speed.

This team is built around all the things that Archibald does well.

It's kinda weird how good Rust has become considering he didn't even score that well in the AHL. Sheary at least had the pedigree of putting up points there.

Archi hasn't scored that well either in the AHL but he does have the same type of abilities Rust does. I think he could be groomed into an effective contributor for sure.

You really have to give WBS and our staff a lot of credit for turning guys who aren't super talented into good NHL players. WBS just churns out guys for us who can contribute.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Innaccurate, how so? CAN/USA have the best hockey players in the world (CAN has won last 3-of-4 Olympic Gold medals and a World Cup.....USA was always right there behind them and could've just as easily won, as well).

Why was Radulov the best player for Montreal this playoffs? It can't be. He's not Canadian! Who the hell is Evgeni Malkin, too? I think that guy is doing well in the playoffs. I'm confused.

Drop the gimmick. It's boring.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Caps are in the rearview mirror now, let's look ahead to the next round. Series thread is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad