Post-Game Talk: Pens 2, Bolts 1 - Cup Bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Read the flyer playoff thread for a laugh.

Read everywhere.

There are so many bitter and disappointed fans because we won last night. An almost overwhelming amount of hate, all because we won and are still playing.

I love it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Read everywhere.

There are so many bitter and disappointed fans because we won last night. An almost overwhelming amount of hate, all because we won and are still playing.

I love it.

a0G0k.gif

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Hockey players almost always have terrible stances and swings. Their hand eye is just so good that it doesn't matter. Kind of pisses me off.

Last edited:

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
tumblr_o7tp69S0Ku1r27dqyo3_540.gif

Murray's face when his captain is confronted about superstitions is my favorite thing to come out of that press conference. Even edging out the name tag switch.

One of these two should be smiling bemusedly and indulgently at the other, not sure this is the right way around though.

Most people who grab cops' butts are. :popcorn:

Also: Point.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The other series MS talked to the team after the series ended saying good job and stuff, then came the helmet but I can't find it on Pens twitter? did they not do one this time?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The other series MS talked to the team after the series ended saying good job and stuff, then came the helmet but I can't find it on Pens twitter? did they not do one this time?

They did it. If you can't find it on their twitter I think reddit has a link to it.

Sid gives it to Rust after saying Murray was good. Sullivan wears a hat while talking to them, it was weird to see.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
They did it. If you can't find it on their twitter I think reddit has a link to it.

Sid gives it to Rust after saying Murray was good. Sullivan wears a hat while talking to them, it was weird to see.

It was like looking at someone uncomfortably wearing a birthday gift they don't really want.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Asking Crosby if he knows about a superstition is like asking a fish if it knows how to swim. Ignoring the 2 appearances, he'd know. He'd know and have modified it to be weirder.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rossi: Does Sid's superstitions cause tension between him and Malkin?

Word is that is the reason why Bylsma and Shero were let go. Sid wanted the change of coach to reenact the 09 Cup winning season. But it won't work because only Bylsma can make that much magic come out the ***** of a hockey team.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Rossi: Does Sid's superstitions cause tension between him and Malkin?

Word is that is the reason why Bylsma and Shero were let go. Sid wanted the change of coach to reenact the 09 Cup winning season. But it won't work because only Bylsma can make that much magic come out the ***** of a hockey team.

I have this weird theory that Crosby bullied Malkin into growing a playoff beard this year. Malkin never tried before and it just seems like something Sid would glomp onto as a possible fix. Maybe I could sell that concept to Rossi. :popcorn:

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Some perspective, I hope.

Hopefully this thread will resonate with some and encourage others, some might think it's stupid and want it trashed. I'm ok with any of those happening.

I want to encourage those considering spending up and going to a game or even traveling into Pittsburgh to go to a game to do it. Seriously, just do it. Now, only you know your financial situation and my wife will testify that I have no idea sometimes what is going on with mine. I do know this, some things in life you can't put a price on and I'm among those that consider watching my favorite team win a Cup among those things.

Here's why, Championships are special and to be cherished. In the big picture Gretzky is the standard in our sport and he "only" got four Cups. I know, by comparison, four is a lot and any NHL player would be among the most fortunate to win that many, but that's my point. As great as Gretzky was, it was still only four Cups.

Mario, we know how great he was, only got two shots at a Cup. He made the most of those chances, but two isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things. It's not like he was carrying corpses on those team either. Players like Jagr, Tocchet, Stevens, Paul Coffey, Trots, etc... were on those teams and yet, two shots was all he got.

Our own Steelers are the standard bearer in the NFL when it comes to winning Super Bowls and they have six IN 50 YEARS. Six is a lot by comparison, but it's not like they happen every year. Ask a Pirate fan about the last World Series, if he was alive I am sure he can tell you in painstaking detail about it.

You only get so many kicks at the can. If you have an opportunity to see this I would encourage you to take it. We may not win, I'm not sure we are even the favorites but I would encourage Sharks fan in the same manner because these are things you don't want to miss out on and don't know if you get another chance.

Hopefully you understand how hard it is to get here and how often you DON'T get here. Cups are special, I'd encourage you to be a part of this, if you can.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I have this weird theory that Crosby bullied Malkin into growing a playoff beard this year. Malkin never tried before and it just seems like something Sid would glomp onto as a possible fix. Maybe I could sell that concept to Rossi. :popcorn:

Crosby calls Malkin before his alarm goes off to see if he's up. He also tells him what to eat for breakfast and lunch on game days.

Sid also has Dupuis drive by Malkin's house to make sure he's home before the curfew Sid initiated.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Read everywhere.

I love it.

It's amazing. I've already spent entirely too much time reading how much we suck, how favored we are by the refs and the league, how the Sharks' AHL team could blow us out of the water and how bleak our future is. Such knowledgeable people everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad