Post-Game Talk: Pens 1, Ruiners of Hockey 0

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
listening to a radio interview with matt loughlin (the devils radio voice) and he said there were grumblings in the press box on the pittsburgh side that 'this is the most boring hockey we've seen in our lives'... meanwhile loughlin said that he thought it was a terrific game.

different excitement standards i guess :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Is Matt Loughlin sure he's a hockey fan?

Maybe he thinks he's watching something else, at this point. Having to sit through that night after night might make your mind do strange stuff, I dunno.

ObsessedCreative*

tumblr_inline_mmkp2m0gNv1qz4rgp.gif

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
listening to a radio interview with matt loughlin (the devils radio voice) and he said there were grumblings in the press box on the pittsburgh side that 'this is the most boring hockey we've seen in our lives'... meanwhile loughlin said that he thought it was a terrific game.

different excitement standards i guess :laugh:
"Halfback passes to center...back to wing...back to the center. Center holds it........holds it......holds it...."

794waSX.gif

"Halfback passes to center! Back to wing! Back to the center!!! Center holds it! Holds it!!! HOLDS IT!!!!!"

BqHbBbTCQAAmuy0.jpg

tumblr_n69lo44hlP1qbw072o1_500.gif

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
"Halfback passes to center...back to wing...back to the center. Center holds it........holds it......holds it...."

794waSX.gif

"Halfback passes to center! Back to wing! Back to the center!!! Center holds it! Holds it!!! HOLDS IT!!!!!"

BqHbBbTCQAAmuy0.jpg

perfect :laugh:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

794waSX.gif

BqHbBbTCQAAmuy0.jpg

Accurate. If that was legitimately the most exciting hockey he's seen in years that's sad but once again the Simpsons has something for every occasion. My highlight of the game was building a super comfortable pillow support system around myself, there was even a blanket involved. However, I did not nap on it.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Accurate. If that was legitimately the most exciting hockey he's seen in years that's sad but once again the Simpsons has something for every occasion. My highlight of the game was building a super comfortable pillow support system around myself, there was even a blanket involved. However, I did not nap on it.

Highlight of the game for me was some guy tripping up the stairs and spilling his beer on himself during a tv time out. Though in fairness, that might have been my highlight no matter how exciting the play on the ice was.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Stat watching this one due to early meetings. Probably a good time to miss my first game of the season.

Reading up on the game.... and looking at highlights... I can only say that I will always be down for accepting Bortuzzo's limitations as a player when he can be usually reliable and straight up drive opponents nuts while providing us with a strong dose of physicality.

Despres.... special teams time.... real time.... on both units! Rejoice.

Quick, someone do a comparison of Malkin's ES output pre- and post-Dupuis.... One Tender Rip just smiles knowingly....

Fleury.... 5 SO's.... averaging one per four games.... I absolutely have not been his biggest, best or most ardent believer, indeed very often I've wanted him sent to Mars. But overall this season he has been nothing short of great. A few dodgy ones but then again all goalies have them. I think it is a recognized fact, a fair one even, that none of his accomplishments matter until he replicates them in the playoffs, but right now, RIGHT now.... one almost dares dream big that he can.

Injuries.... injuries. Suppose we gotta take the wildly positive outlook that the more forwards go down for manage-ably short periods of time, the more likely that management is forced to do what they ought to. Here's to looking at you, Paulie...

02647495_2_large.jpg

Only because you asked, and only because it's YOU:

Malkin ES with Dupuis . . . 14 games, 6 points (1g, 5a)
Malkin ES without Dupuis . . . 10 games, 10 points (4g, 6a)

You're welcome.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Only because you asked, and only because it's YOU:

Malkin ES with Dupuis . . . 14 games, 6 points (1g, 5a)
Malkin ES without Dupuis . . . 10 games, 10 points (4g, 6a)

You're welcome.

Grande KIRK!

So, this difference seems.... somehow important, yes?
Maybe it underlines that there are known knowns along with the extremely dangerous unknown unknowns. Despite the dangers of the unknown, perhaps these numbers even suggest that one should make sure not to go with a known known if one knows it to... suck?

th

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Grande KIRK!

So, this difference seems.... somehow important, yes?
Maybe it underlines that there are known knowns along with the extremely dangerous unknown unknowns. Despite the dangers of the unknown, perhaps these numbers even suggest that one should make sure not to go with a known known if one knows it to... suck?

th

I don't know.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014

794waSX.gif

BqHbBbTCQAAmuy0.jpg

:laugh::laugh: This is awesome and fitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad