Post-Game Talk: Pens 1, Ruiners of Hockey 0

nbonaddio

BELLOWS: THE BEST
Mar 28, 2007
+ MAF
- That fat chick who wrote for Bleacher Report who wrote that terrible article back in the day.
-- Whoever that HFBoards poster was who said a month or so ago that it was an "embarrassment" every time MAF was on the ice. I forgot who it was.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Ehrhoff gets my plus

Spaling my minus. He's playing way too slow out there.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah we won, but I'm pretty sure banging my head on a wall for 2 1/2 hours would have been more entertaining. At least I wouldn't remember it.

Fleury gets all the plusses.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pens have two top-6 wingers.

Their names? Patric Hornqvist and Blake Comeau

Michael8771*

Our biggest problem schematically is we're getting hemmed in our end of the ice far too often. We can't continue to try to go up the boards nearly every time. We turn the puck over far too much when we do so.

We need to get one of our forwards to come low and be a safety valve to either carry the puck out or dump it out through the middle.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Beast-mode Geno & Fleury get my top stars of the game. Even Adams/Sill had decent efforts and Comeau is a really good player w/ Geno.

Boring ass game but hey.. it's a win!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
First game you really saw a glimpse of what Geno and/or Sid could do with decent help. Geno finally had 2 decent stop gaps and that line dominated at times.

Borts needs to be a regular. Combine that with Erhoff playing good hockey and JR needs, no, has to make a move on D.

penguins2946*

Here's a fun stat about Fleury. Since Bales (Pens goalie coach) was hired, Fleury has 10 shutouts in 83 games. From 2008-2013, Fleury had 12 shutouts in 294 games. Fleury has 5 shutouts in 19 games so far this year. His highest amount of shutouts in a season was 5 in 64 last year and 5 in 67 in 06-07.

Also, as crazy as it sounds, Comeau may have cemented himself as a top-6 solution. I wouldn't mind for JR to go all in for 1 legit guy and put Comeau on the 2nd line. Him and Geno seem to work well together.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They didn't really piss me off, which is an accomplishment for this team.

+ Fleury got a shutout.
+ The defense was looking better
+ Physicality from the defense did something
+ I think we're getting to see young players gain confidence on this team. Despres has, Megna was looking more confident as the game went on and I think that's part of Maatta's improvement since struggling after coming back. They're being allowed to work through things.

- Sucks for Jagr
- They broke Wilson
- Whatever is wrong with Kunitz
- I'm not a fan of Maatta's workload
- Adams did good things and that will hurt in the long run

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ MAF
- That fat chick who wrote for Bleacher Report who wrote that terrible article back in the day.
-- Whoever that HFBoards poster was who said a month or so ago that it was an "embarrassment" every time MAF was on the ice. I forgot who it was.

Don't worry...a bad playoff series and all of this will be forgotten. :sarcasm: I actually don't know if I'm sarcastic or not.

But let's just hope this is the new consistent Fleury.

deathtouchtrample

May 5, 2014
Sutter had a hell of a game. Maybe Downie has replaced Neal for BFFs with geno. I'll take it over him being lazy though. GWG in a game you get thrown out of. He's a special one for sure.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
+ Fleu. Not any tough ones tonight, but was calm and played the puck well.
+ Geno
+ Megna - started to push back the D in the 3rd period. Shoot son!
+ Defensemen. Good night from everyone tonight, especially Ehrhoff. (Except for the shift where Despres had 3 open looks in the slot and Scuds flubbed all 3 passes to him).

Good to see we're still winning the games against defensive teams. Now if we could just work out how to beat the fast forechecking teams.....

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
typical nj game. got strangely heated at times but still zzzzzzzz

+ fleury

hope jagr is okay. hit looked clean but i never like stars getting injured.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Here's a fun stat about Fleury. Since Bales (Pens goalie coach) was hired, Fleury has 10 shutouts in 83 games. From 2008-2013, Fleury had 12 shutouts in 294 games. Fleury has 5 shutouts in 19 games so far this year. His highest amount of shutouts in a season was 5 in 64 last year and 5 in 67 in 06-07.

Also, as crazy as it sounds, Comeau may have cemented himself as a top-6 solution. I wouldn't mind for JR to go all in for 1 legit guy and put Comeau on the 2nd line. Him and Geno seem to work well together.

Shero forced Fleury to see a psy, is he still visiting him even if Shero got fired?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

That's when they made him go to his shrink too, right? This is why we don't leave players flailing around in their own poo for years.

Schneider plays a ridiculous amount of games.

Michael8771*

Malkin, Comeau, Megna, MAF and especially Sutter and Ehrhoff had really good games.

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
+++ Geno is rounding into world beater mode
++ Bortuzzo going hard
+ Sill-Ebbett PK unit was effective
+ Despres getting more ice in all situations
+ physical play
+ MAF was solid

----------- Refs. For real, how the **** can you jump the second best player in the game and get him tossed while earning a power play? It's a god damned disgrace.
- Sid still won't shoot
- Jagr may never return after that hit

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
+ Malkin's line
+ Fleury
+ Crosby
+ Maatta/Ehrhoff
+ Sutter

- Refs
- Crosby's wingers