Post-Game Talk: Pens 0, Caps 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
The whole is always less than the sum of the parts with this team. Always. It's quite incredible really.

Michael8771*

Washington had superb gap control tonight. They deserved it.

penguins2946*

Posted this in the GDT and I'll post it here. I'm growing more and more against MJ at this point. He makes terrible lineup decisions, and these in game adjustments that he was advertised to be bringing either haven't existed or haven't worked.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
bluto-chug-o.gif

Acquizitor*

Here is an old short jewish story:

An owner of a brothel comes to a rabbi to complain that her business is running poorly. She says she tried everything, rearranging the furniture, laying new floor, repainting the house, lowering the prices etc, but there are still no clients. The rabbi scratches his head and answers "maybe it's time to change the ******?".

The pens need a bigger shakeup imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael8771*

Fundamentally the caps schooled us. Positional defense, aggressive forecheck, face offs, break outs, dump ins, puck support. Other than that we were tremendous.

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
I have a funny feeling that Sid and the boys will not go far into the Playoffs once again (oh my Dogs are too scared of me at this time of the year)

penguins2946*

The Flyers nuked their team 1 year after making the cup finals and after losing in the conference semis. Nuked as in traded their captain and best 2 forwards. I really don't think anything will be changing until something of that level happens.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'll be curious to see what happens to the newly minted coaching staff if/when (and the latter is looking more likely) they flame out of the playoffs in miserable fashion in the first or second round, again.

Nothing good to say about this game. I guess Downie showed some character. Hooray.

Michael8771*

I have a funny feeling that Sid and the boys will not go far into the Playoffs once again (oh my Dogs are too scared of me at this time of the year)
A funny feeling? How about a logical assumption based on the ineptitude we consistently display against such teams?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
That's the problem with this fan base...it's not about being "soft" it's about finding players that can play. Vermette would be infinitely better in a 3rd line role on this team than Sutter. The only hiccup is that Vermette is a UFA at the end of the year likely looking for his final pay day contract.
Says you... It sure looks like to me Metro teams are attacking the Pens physically, the book is out and it's gonna get worse for the Pens.

Ehrhoff, Sutter, Bennett, Scuderi, Ebbett, Adams, Martin, Kunitz among others are all soft. On the flip side, how many physically imposing players do we have currently? That would be none

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Remember the first couple of playoff games against the Rags, when we held back and waited for them to make mistakes, supported Fleury defensively, basically a defense first attitude? The let our speed and skill go the other way on odd man breaks.

That was the game I envisioned Trotz bringing to this team. The game this team needs to play to have the best chance to win.

I have less and less faith in MJ, especially as the time between when we actually looked good in a single game fades further into the rear view mirror. It has been months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad