GDT: Penguins @ Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
We'll probably end up takin this one somehow. Pens are bad in away games this year. Not a winning record.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
What does Jensen bring Sproul? Both are inept defensively but Sproul adds offense at least. Jensen is an AHLer 1st best.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We're winning one of the next two

If we don't I'm confident that management has gone full tank

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What does Jensen bring Sproul? Both are inept defensively but Sproul adds offense at least. Jensen is an AHLer 1st best.

Idk other than injuring Howard I've been more impressed with Jensen as a whole, but Sproul has had better flashes - if that make sense.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Idk other than injuring Howard I've been more impressed with Jensen as a whole, but Sproul has had better flashes - if that make sense.

To be honest, I could care less about "flashes".

Like 1 game, Sproul looked amazing offensively.

I watch him pinch on certain plays, and he doesnt come back fast enough. Lead to 2 goals against last game. Point was he COULD have made it back. He pinches in (good), takes a shot(good), but then he waits in the offensive zone hoping to outnumber the enemy and provide another man to pass to (BAD). He needs to take his offensive chance, then get out of there. If he doesn't fix this problem (which is easy to do)... Then he should be getting benched on the regular.

To be honest none of our young defensemen are "good".

But ive been just as happy with Ouellet and Jensen, than anyone else < age 25.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

I watch him pinch on certain plays, and he doesnt come back fast enough. Lead to 2 goals against last game. Point was he COULD have made it back. He pinches in (good), takes a shot(good), but then he waits in the offensive zone hoping to outnumber the enemy and provide another man to pass to (BAD). He needs to take his offensive chance, then get out of there. If he doesn't fix this problem (which is easy to do)... Then he should be getting benched on the regular.

His best flashes were also early on in his callup, the only play that sticks out in the last month was that breakout with Larkin. He does have an awesome shot though.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

I don't think anyones really against benching Sproul in general

the problem is there's a right and a wrong way to bench a young player

bench him for a single game when he does something you don't like and repeat as necessary? sure

bench him for 6 in a row? at that point you're actively hurting his development

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Crosby with a hattrick and a 5p night. We'll get murdered, the question is which goalie will be sacrificed.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Crosby with a hattrick and a 5p night. We'll get murdered, the question is which goalie will be sacrificed.

61790976.jpg

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

And Jensen looked okay for maybe 1 game, otherwise he's been bad defensivey (gets no criticism compared to Sproul) and bad offensively. He's also older and less likely to have any impact in the NHL. Sproul also happens to be great at what the Wings are worst at; PP.
The fact we're scratching Sproul while in desperate need to get the PP going is the strongest evidence that we're intentionally tanking.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The fact we're scratching Sproul while in desperate need to get the PP going is the strongest evidence that we're intentionally tanking.

It's not tanking. It's simply being desperate to keep trying new configurations hoping something works. Blashill is fighting for his life and he's been dealt a bad hand. So he shuffles the cards hoping some combination of 3s and 4s can somehow edge out over the teams that get to ice Kings and Aces.

Tonight is one of those Kings and Aces nights, too.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Why not send sproul back down?

Do guys have to have played X number of games in order to have to be protected? If So, has he reached that number yet? If not send him down for that reason alone..

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Jensen is the better hockey player. Sproul is the Benny Hill on defense.

Oh yeah. Guess you missed the one where Jensen was literally checked onto his ass in front of Coreau in the Centennial game, which lead to a goal. Embarrassing. Worst defensive play I've seen by our guys this year. It was pathetic to watch.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Why not send sproul back down?

Do guys have to have played X number of games in order to have to be protected? If So, has he reached that number yet? If not send him down for that reason alone..

Because he would need to go on waivers, And i seriously doubt he would clear. And Holland had already told him that he's up for good and to look for a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad