Bobrovsky

Stats:

bba8a7aabd128372510d7518d551568b.png

e0c5ef2d45785c8c53c75b6fe2d51e30.png

c09f08bd92b4fb1d19a244ebf1cb90a5.png

66697319693cf29d39894aba08c67726.png

5c96b095cbd5f8889f17a6d90f8a2cf4.png

Preview:

Season series: The Pittsburgh Penguins have won two of three against the Columbus Blue Jackets, with the home team winning each game. Penguins forward Daniel Winnik had two goals and five points against the Blue Jackets while playing for the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier in the season and assisted on a Steve Downie goal in his Pittsburgh debut against Columbus. Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin has three goals and five points. Forward Nick Foligno's two goals lead the Blue Jackets.

Penguins team scope: Malkin, who missed a 4-1 loss Wednesday to the Philadelphia Flyers with an undisclosed injury, skated again Friday but did not take line rushes. He won't play, but is possible for Sunday at Philadelphia. "I rushed [the previous injury]," he said in comments tweeted by the Penguins. "Came back a little too early and didn't feel good after back-to-back games." Injured defensemen Kris Letang and Christian Ehrhoff were the only players not at practice. Ehrhoff, who has an upper-body injury, was ruled out for the weekend. Defenseman Taylor Chorney, recalled from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, will be in the lineup. Pittsburgh remains in contention for home ice when the Stanley Cup Playoffs open, but has currently dropped to the first wild card in the Eastern Conference, one point behind the Washington Capitals and New York Islanders. The Penguins have a game in hand on each.

Blue Jackets team scope: Goalie Sergei Bobrovsky will start, according to the Columbus Dispatch. The Blue Jackets are looking to set a franchise record by winning their ninth consecutive game. They rallied from two goals down in the final 10 minutes of the third period Thursday to defeat the New York Islanders 4-3 in a shootout. "I've found in my interaction with people in the arena and the community, you get a lot of texts from people and friends talking about the previous month and how we've played and how the team's playing now and winning hockey games. And that's what it's all about," coach Todd Richards told the team's website. Forward Ryan Johansen has four goals and eight assists during a nine-game point streak. Defenseman Jack Johnson has a goal in three straight games. Forward Brandon Dubinsky has goals in consecutive games and a point in three straight.
---nhl.com​

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
We deserve a decisive, clear cut, no BS, dominating, ass whoopin', blow 'en to smithereens,

, mercyless, unapolagising ****ing DAY GAME VICTORY on this GDT!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Didn't know this was an early game. Can catch the first period but then I'm off.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
At this point I'm just hoping Sid can get the Art Ross and no one else gets hurt before the playoffs.

Somehow this seasons been more exhausting than last.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
At this point I'm just hoping Sid can get the Art Ross and no one else gets hurt before the playoffs.

Somehow this seasons been more exhausting than last.

It started off so promising too... just all downhill from there.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
No Malkin means Dubinsky should have a field day with Sid. Not that he already doesn't...

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Probably be only be able to catch the 1st, got a wedding to go to, that might be a good thing though with the way they been playing lately lol.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
For all the *****ing, I still want to see them in the playoffs, so go Pens! Let's clinch this pretty soon guys, I'm starting to get a little nervous...

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Bennett on the 4th line with Lapierre and Adams..... no wonder we can't develop prospects with that treatment

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Passionate fans in the building today, it's loud already. Hopefully they can build off of us.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Nobody is happy about the fact that Sutter is a designated third liner and the first line is P - C - H.

wow they did two of the dozens of obvious roster decisions they should have made months ago. world changing

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Martin-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Cole
Chorney-Pouliot

Wow. Damn injuries.

What's really terrifying is that could actually be their D going into playoffs. Letang may not be back til next year, and Hoff's a potato chip.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I wonder what would have happened about a month or so ago to change people's opinions on this team...

i won't blame it on the player(s) traded, but certainly the mentality combined with losing Malkin, Hornqvist, Letang, Malkin since that period of time, the fan base has just been in a malaise since the TDL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad