Pre-Game Talk: Penguins vs Devils 7:30pm, ROOT, NBCSN, MSG PLUS (Husker Has the GDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could a game be more meaningless? :laugh: I hope we just get to the end w/ no injuries. Hopefully they aren't playing hard either.

SteelFish87*

Could a game be more meaningless? :laugh: I hope we just get to the end w/ no injuries. Hopefully they aren't playing hard either.

This

We should play all our backups like Vitale, Jeffrey, Despres, Bortuzzo, Glass (lol), etc

treat this as nothing then Saturday can be a warm up game to the playoffs especially if Martin and Neal are back

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

I say we call up the entire AHL roster (no roster limit ---- WOOO!) to avoid possible injury torment. Throw a few regular in there... ya know... just to make it look official.

WBS - Jokinen - WBS
WBS - Vitale - WBS
Cooke - Jeffrey - Kennedy
Glass - Adams - WBS

Niskanen - Bortuzzo
WBS - WBS
WBS - WBS

Zatkoff (Fleury's kid ya know... can't miss that for a meaingless Devil's game)

Healthy Scratches: Geno, Kunitz, Dupuis, Iginla, Bennett, Sutter, Morrow, Letang, et al... :laugh:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Yeah a really see no point in risking injury in a meaningless game. We don't want another Orpik situation on our hands, and we all know with this team that's pretty likely to happen.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Will have to avert my eyes when Glass-Adams-Kennedy hits the ice.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
So even though Neal is going through the morning skate, it doesn't look like he'll play.

What about Martin?

edit: nm

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Penguins Report: Game Day at New Jersey

However, defenseman Brooks Orpik (lower body) was absent from practice. Orpik left Pittsburgh's last game against the Sabres on Tuesday after the first period and did not return. Coach Dan Bylsma said after the game he would be re-evaluated.

Here are the lines/D-pairs the Penguins utilized at morning skate...

Dupuis-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Jokinen-Bennett
Kunitz-Sutter-Cooke
Glass-Adams-Kennedy

Letang-Eaton
Despres-Engelland
Murray-Niskanen
Martin-Bortuzzo

--Michelle Crechiolo

Guess we'll find out later about, Orpik.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Glad to see Nealer and Martin are back at in the morning skates/practices. I'd expect both on Saturday. Gives DB another game to figure out who he wants on a line w/ Geno & Neal.

Fire Shero*

Any news on Crosby playing Saturday? Sorry if its already been mentioned.

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
i just read the greatest comment of all time.

um...1 win and three points separated the two teams in 83-84. 'glass houses' and all that jazz.

Not to mention we won one more game in the final 10 than they did :dunno:

I wasn't around in those days, but just looking at the list of games down the stretch, they're very similar. Not to mention that from what I've read, we just had a terrible roster. It had less to do with tanking and more to do with just being ****.

Ah well, I like watching fans of other teams making themselves feel better by trying to put us down.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
the accusations hinge on:

1. Bob Butera, then president of the Devils, publicly accused the Penguins of making a concerted effort to lose so that they would end up with the No. 1 choice in the draft. sounds like typical whining. both teams were awful.

2. They traded Rando-the-Commando for Winnipeg's 1984 1st round choice and future considerations. Randy had come to camp fat and complacent after signing a 'big money' deal

3. Vince Tremblay played four games down the stretch and went 0-4. his GAA was 6.00 but his SV% wasn't too far off from the rest of the goalies used that season.

4. there's a PG article that i can't find that many claim stats, that Lou Angotti and Eddie Johnson have admitted that they didn't try to field a winning team. its the PG - i doubt the article says what detractors claim it says.

whatever. point is that Devils' fans don't have a leg to stand on if they're going to engage in tank rhetoric.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Jesus Christ, I was semi-forced to listen to Rob Rossi on hockey central at noon, and he wasn't the most ****ing idiotic person talking. Nick Kypreos is about a billion brain cells short of breaking even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad