Post-Game Talk: Penguins VS Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
If Vitek is back in net again, then an easy win for the Pens. They are still a good enough team to take advantage of his bad rebounds, despite having a somewhat depleted lineup.

Pens have the #1 PK at 93%. If the Caps get some PP's they will look bad as usual, and the Pens will score a shorty for sure. Pens will probably score a PP goal and then we will be thinking to ourselves, "how could a currently less talented team execute a PP better than our team"? The simple and easy answer is, the Pens don't have Fraudsythe coaching their PP.

Jarry has good overall numbers despite DeSmith being a below average backup for them.

Oh, this game will be a L for sure.

:)

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Unreal. Huge win and I was using this game and the road trip to see if Caps aren't deceiving. I'm a believer Caps can do big things this year. I wish I could attend the Kraken/Caps game. I can't wait for the road trip!

Kuroi

Nov 2, 2021
As a neutral viewer I'm sad. How many rivalries are even active right now that are actually competitive? Habs also losing tonight and was barely close earlier.

Sigh.

Rangers Devils not much better. Like NBA all over again.

Reactions: tenken00

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think losing in the playoffs last season after a bit of misfortune and injury toughened this team up a bit. Now they look more like the Cup team did, with that next man up mentality.

Reactions: ynotcaps and txpd

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's really the defense that's a lot crisper shutting things down and getting moving forward. Fehervary has been huge in that, along with Jensen & TVR. That's the bedrock of their identity I think. Then when they get healthy up front they can really put it on teams skill-wise. Or, like tonight, also bury them. Lots to like.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Still a long way to go. There will be ups and downs. Enjoy the high, but don’t go postal when we lose a game or two. Haha

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think losing in the playoffs last season after a bit of misfortune and injury toughened this team up a bit. Now they look more like the Cup team did, with that next man up mentality.

All of it hit too fast at the end last year. I was expecting a first round win at least. Those injuries just piled on bad. The gang still have the veterans from cup experience and now they have speedy youth that will make up for the slow game of aging like with last year.

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
All of it hit too fast at the end last year. I was expecting a first round win at least. Those injuries just piled on bad. The gang still have the veterans from cup experience and now they have speedy youth that will make up for the slow game of aging like with last year.
The compressed schedule worked against us. We will be much more playoff ready this go around.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Having fans back is really great. It's so much better and I think I only saw like 4 Pens jerseys in the stands from the television view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad