GDT: Penguins vs Calgary

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd actually love to see the Oil get McDavid. 2 reasons, a competitive Oilers club equals a sick rivalry again. Also, the better the Oilers become, the better that will make our club from playing against them. If Monahan and Bennett are constantly facing one of the games best, well it's going to make them better. I'd love it, it would be entertaining hockey for years to come.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I'd actually love to see the Oil get McDavid. 2 reasons, a competitive Oilers club equals a sick rivalry again. Also, the better the Oilers become, the better that will make our club from playing against them. If Monahan and Bennett are constantly facing one of the games best, well it's going to make them better. I'd love it, it would be entertaining hockey for years to come.

I actually like the sound of that if you put it that way, but in no way do I want that joke of a franchise to be gifted with another elite talent. The Oilers can stay in the basement for another several years to come for all I care, I can't say enough of how undeserving they are with all the high draft picks.

Just praying Edmonton picks 3rd this draft.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'd rather Carolina and Arizona get the top picks personally.

I'd love him to move to one of these hockey dead-zones. Would maybe drum up some revenue for those teams... and would have QC and Seattle high-fiving at that.

I really, really don't want the Oil or the Sabres to get a first overall. I just don't. Those teams and fanbases really deserve the hockey that's being played in front of them for the most part; and I would like that to continue. McDavid is going to be an excellent player; he's damn near Sid's 2.7 PPG he did in his draft year (2.5)... I don't think that he's going to be Sid good... but I think he's going to be top 5-7 center in the world good.

In all reality, Edmonton should already be Calgary competitive. When they draft Leon... I was like, man, is it ever going to be fun being an Alberta/Prairie hockey fan in ~3 years when you have:
RNH, Hall, Leon Vs. Monahan, Gaudreau, Bennett

It made me a bit happy; then of course, Oil were complete duds this year.

May 27, 2012
Earth

The team can get better playing other teams. It's not like they play them 82 games a year.

Aug 21, 2014

That's if the Oil manage to develop McDavid properly. They could turn him into Daigle. But if it makes a better BoA I'm for it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The BoA is fine as it is. I would not like to lose more games against the Oilers. Our last few contests with them have been plenty competitive.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
That's if the Oil manage to develop McDavid properly. They could turn him into Daigle. But if it makes a better BoA I'm for it.
They've already done that to Yakupov.

I dunno, if I were in charge up there I'd make sure my house was in order before bringing in the golden goose. Sadly for Oilers fans, the "I can count to six" Mickey Mouse Club is still running the show, and may be for some time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad