Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Patrick Killeen to Columbus Blue Jackets for Future Considerations

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I went to a Nailers game last year against Elmira where he stood on his head. He threw all of his gear in the air when he won the shootout. It was pretty awesome.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The only reasoning for this move, as Columbus doesn't have depth issues low in their minors, is Jarmo doing Shero a solid and freeing up a roster spot.

By my count (may be wrong) this puts us at 48 now...so it wasn't a requirement. Maybe Shero is expecting to sign a player or two in the next few days.

My guess is they're doing each other solids. JK was short 1 goaltender, system-wide, as of this afternoon and Shero likely wanted to free up a contract. More of a "tick an unimportant box on my project plan" trade than a hockey trade. For both of them.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
My guess is they're doing each other solids. JK was short 1 goaltender, system-wide, as of this afternoon and Shero likely wanted to free up a contract. More of a "tick an unimportant box on my project plan" trade than a hockey trade. For both of them.

Columbus did take Leighton back...they're now up one goalie from the start of the day.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Columbus did take Leighton back...they're now up one goalie from the start of the day.

Huh. didn't realize that.

Edit: Leighton's a pending UFA, though. If what JK was looking for was to fill a spot on the bottom of the depth chart cheaply, Leighton doesn't do it.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Wouldn't mind seeing Pechurskiy get a move to the AHL. He's done quite well in the VHL this year with a 1.83 GAA over 35 games and a .935%.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Huh. didn't realize that.

Edit: Leighton's a pending UFA, though. If what JK was looking for was to fill a spot on the bottom of the depth chart cheaply, Leighton doesn't do it.

Well no, but Killeen is also a pending free agent and it's hard to see him getting a NHL contract next year considering he hasn't ended a season as a starter within the organization he's played for once in three years.

FWIW Columbus has a shared ECHL affiliation with Evansville (along with St. Louis), who's season is over after a last place finish. Springield had 3 goalies before the start of the day.

Last edited:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I dont know why, but i really want to see zatkoff in an nhl game. Any chance he gets called up after rosters expand and gets a game?(Not playoffs but if/when we clinch)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad