Confirmed with Link: Penguins trade Patrick Killeen to Columbus Blue Jackets for Future Considerations

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Now who's going to be gifted the starting job in Wheeling only to lose it a week later to whoever else happens to own a set of goalie pads?

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Pechurisky? I actuallly want to see him play..
As for killen, i think we gave up on him to quickly only 22. Now we only have 2 goalie prospects in our sytem plus zatkoff who looks promising.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
Alexander Aronovich Pechersky :sarcasm:

One of the most entertaining games I've ever watched in Vancouver was the Pens/Canucks game where he played.
I was hammered in a bar wearing a Malkin jersey, yelling "PECHERSKYYYYYYYYY!!!" every time he made a save. T'was a good night :laugh:

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Wouldn't mind seeing Pens sign Eric LeVine and see if he can work up the goalie depth chart.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Oh, I see Shero's back at it again, giving away our players for nothing. :sarcasm: Seriously, I'm done. :sarcasm: How any of you guys can defend this guy at this point is beyond me. :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The only reasoning for this move, as Columbus doesn't have depth issues low in their minors, is Jarmo doing Shero a solid and freeing up a roster spot.

By my count (may be wrong) this puts us at 48 now...so it wasn't a requirement. Maybe Shero is expecting to sign a player or two in the next few days.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Couldn't even get a bag of pucks? Half a bag of pucks? A Chili's coupon?

But seriously, all the best to Killeen. Can't feel good to get traded for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad