GDT: Penguins Trade Deadline II: You wanted trades!? Well you got trades! *Mod warning post 623*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
You would think not but Hextall just made such an idiotic move that I can no longer rule such things out
Sullivan would nix that. And we know he's higher in the organization here.

They won't remove either and roll POJ/Smith. Like the moves here have been directionless but that is one thing I'm 100% certain won't happen.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Even going back and looking at the off season I hate everything Hextall did except for signing the core + Rakell.

The Petry/Rutta moves weren't necessarily bad. They didn't make the team worse. But I don't think we're any better with those two players than we were with Matheson and Marino. And we got older. We were a team that absolutely under no circumstances needed to get older.

And now we got ANOTHER old player in Granlund.
Not really concerned with the age as it lines up with the core and he literally just turned 31. Age doesn't matter performance does.

I am concerned with the 5 mil though. I knew when he signed as a free agent back in 2020 for a 1 year (which is when I wanted to grab him) he was going to earn himself a nice contract. Nashville signed him to a nice contract the year after and now we are tied up with the 5 mil. He could absolutely earn that contract here but it really handcuffs us on actually building out the team and isn't a ideal type of player we need

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm gonna do my best to not immediately shit on Granlund. I'll judge him for his play here, not his play for the Preds.

But marron I absolutely despise this trade and hate Hextall rn :laugh:.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'm gonna do my best to not immediately shit on Granlund. I'll judge him for his play here, not his play for the Preds.

But marron I absolutely despise this trade and hate Hextall rn :laugh:.
That's my issue. 4+ years ago I was ravenous to reunite Zucker with him.

Today? At 5M and our roster? Lol.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Why does Hextall insist on building a team for the future while employing a bunch of Hall of Famers in their mid-30s?
Seriously, mandate is to win now. Hopefully he gets canned so we can go all in next season. Need a bold gm for that.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Genius move by Hextall. His patience is unmatched!

That's a really good team over there (Boston). I just think if a few bounces went our way, and we had a healthy blueline/goalie things might have been different. Our guys skated real hard but it just wasn't our year.

YES! Let's try again next year same-same. Jarry a raise, already got CDS on the books. What meddling bottom 6er is available to pick up in the Summer so I can call it a day and get to my vacation already.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Seriously, mandate is to win now. Hopefully he gets canned so we can go all in next season. Need a bold gm for that.

Good move to throw away one of the best seasons by both Sid AND Geno together. Next year is definitely guaranteed to be the same outcome and production. (Please God let it be so)

Bright side is we'll have our 19OA in this years draft to step in and help.....right after 87/71 are hanging in the rafters. They'll be probably good enough to keep us middle of the pack drafting 8-17 in the 2030s.

iu

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
You know what's absolutely moronic about hoarding first round picks right now? What is even the best case scenario there? Let's say Hextall hits on that pick.

Then four years from now we're just the Flyers. We're sitting on like a Travis Konecny equivalent or something and a pile of shit surrounding him. Who gives a f***in f*** about that? And that's close to the best case scenario for that pick. Unlikely we get any luckier than that.

Reactions: BillPrep

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You know what's absolutely moronic about hoarding first round picks right now? What is even the best case scenario there? Let's say Hextall hits on that pick.

Then four years from now we're just the Flyers. We're sitting on like a Travis Konecny equivalent or something and a pile of shit surrounding him. Who gives a f***in f*** about that? And that's close to the best case scenario for that pick. Unlikely we get any luckier than that.
Yeah, I mentioned this before. People think we should develop that player a bit and sell him for more pick(s), and reset the clock :laugh:
Basically like 10+ years of a process before we convert this process into good players when we're trying to contend again.

Reactions: Turin

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Lol Bertuzzi came at 50% retained, what a surprise!
It's such a tragedy looking at the Bruins compared to us. That's a veteran team that is doing everything right and is giving their veteran stars a final kick at the can.

And then there's whatever the f*** Ron Hextall is doing

Reactions: BillPrep and Turin

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
The more I think about this the more annoyed I am.

Chychrun was the get and they could have easily paid that and had the capspace.

It's such a tragedy looking at the Bruins compared to us. That's a veteran team that is doing everything right and is giving their veteran stars a final kick at the can.

Ya Sweeney and Montegomery are doing an amazing job. I hate it. Sullivan and Hextall both need to be gone.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Tragic. How does Mario sit idle and let this happen?

Well you see, Sleepy has this shrewd reputation to hold up. Cant risk messing up the whole "never lost a trade" thing.

Also, i think actually at the time of the trade we didnt have the cap space and we didnt have it until Teddy was moved. So basically Sleepy just made all the cap clearing moves too late (or he was banking on McGinn being claimed). Either way Sleepy is a lazy pos.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

Ya Sweeney and Montegomery are doing an amazing job. I hate it. Sullivan and Hextall both need to be gone.
I would have tossed out 1st,2nd, Pickering which was a better offer...

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Nothing like haalf the board acting like a 13 year old girl who lost her 1st Boyfriend to her BFF. Guess what Bobby Orr 2.0 Jacob Chychrun or anyone else wasn't moving the needle. This Dynasty is OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad