Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Linus Ölund to Entry Level Contract

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Nice. I don’t think he has tremendous upside, probably more a 3/4 center in time.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Nice. I don’t think he has tremendous upside, probably more a 3/4 center in time.

Looks like another guy who performs better in the playoffs tho. Thats always welcome.

Another Simon type as of now it looks like. We have alot of prospects who are similar to this...would be nice to see one or two to get to that next level and stand out above the rest.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I think he was drafted with that upside in mind. Which is where I think most of us sort of had him falling into "potentially a 3rd line C if all the stars align, but mostly a very solid 4c option if he develops well enough" sort of deal.

That and literally any defensemen that isn't some journey man AHL'er is awesome in my books.

Production wise - 23pts in 51 games isn't bad at all in the SHL, for example, Boqvist a 2nd round pick for the Devils put up 13pts in 23 games, just a slightly higher ppg average than Olund who likely was playing in a more defensive role (can anyone confirm?).

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Please just keep him at center

He might stay there. Still think Simon has the potential to move there as well but depends on our situation or if hes even in our long term plans. Has to take that next step next year since there will be alot more competition with Blueger being ready. Sprong entering the lineup if not traded .

Bellerive has the type of frame and play to remain at center as well.

Sprong and Bellerive are the blue chip prospects right now. Hoping one or two of these other guys could be the next Rust for us. Would be a big factor for us remaining one of the top contenders the next 3-4 years. Maybe longer. Need those guys producing on their ELCs

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Please just keep him at center

Depends which of him, Lafferty and Angello project best at centre. I strongly doubt all 3 of them are playing centre all the time - not with Blueger, Quinney and Johnson already here.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Depends which of him, Lafferty and Angello project best at centre. I strongly doubt all 3 of them are playing centre all the time - not with Blueger, Quinney and Johnson already here.

Isn't Johnson is playing wing in WBS?. doubt he'll be a centre. Too small.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Isn't Johnson is playing wing in WBS?. doubt he'll be a centre. Too small.

He flits back and forth in the line ups I've seen - mainly winger now but sometimes centre. I think you're probably right, but I'm not sure, and that just takes the list of centres already there for next season down to 5 anyway - and I just remembered Dea, which takes it back to 6. Plus they'll probably sign another guy or two who can play centre.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He flits back and forth in the line ups I've seen - mainly winger now but sometimes centre. I think you're probably right, but I'm not sure, and that just takes the list of centres already there for next season down to 5 anyway - and I just remembered Dea, which takes it back to 6. Plus they'll probably sign another guy or two who can play centre.

Dea is nothing at this point. He's just a guy who is there in the AHL to make sure we have a good AHL team to surround our prospects with. He's a minor league player.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Dea is nothing at this point. He's just a guy who is there in the AHL to make sure we have a good AHL team to surround our prospects with. He's a minor league player.

I'm not saying he's a hot prospect, I'm saying he's a centre at WBS. I'm saying there's so many centres at WBS that some of our 3 incoming centre prospects probably aren't playing much centre in the AHL next season, that's all.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm not saying he's a hot prospect, I'm saying he's a centre at WBS. I'm saying there's so many centres at WBS that some of our 3 incoming centre prospects probably aren't playing much centre in the AHL next season, that's all.

I'm saying that WBS will do whats best for the Org and move Dea to wing if we have a good or decent centre prospect.

Reactions: Shady Machine

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I don't think it means anything. He's already signed for next year and wasn't going to play with a healthy lineup anyway. All the guys signed to ATOs aren't even playing.

Forgot we did sign his ELC...and thats actually the one thats updated in the salary cap thread.

Angello did get in there last game for WBS

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I thought Johnson has mostly played wing? My point is nearly every Center prospect has been converted to wing (I’m sure for the right reasons) but at some point it would be nice to have a cheap young NHL 3rd or 4th line center from the system.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

They need to if they want to develop them into NHL centers. The ones that play wing in WBS are likely to remain at wing in NHL.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They need to if they want to develop them into NHL centers. The ones that play wing in WBS are likely to remain at wing in NHL.

No disagreement - just with three centre prospects joining WBS next year (probably), one of them is probably becoming a winger.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I don't think it means anything. He's already signed for next year and wasn't going to play with a healthy lineup anyway. All the guys signed to ATOs aren't even playing.

Yea, i think Almari might be in cuz they got some D injured in Game 2(or atleast last time i seen the practice pairs).

On Lafferty, he got a taste. Needs a full summer/gym time and see how he progresses next season. Just too many above him on the depth chart atm.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Since he seems to be reporting to WBS for the rest of the playoffs (though I suppose he won't get to play, as their season looks to be about over), I am hoping he's with WBS next year. I'd rather not see [another] prospect toiling away in the SHL on the 4th line of some team stacked with 30 year olds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad