Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Brock McGinn

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Penguins traded McCann and Tanev for McGinn, Rodrigues, Hallander and $3 million in cap space.

Can't see a single reason to criticize the team based on how this progressed.

Yeah, we were going to lose McCann anyway. So we got an asset back and then lost Tanev for Tanev 2.0 who is younger and cheaper.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I was prepared to not like the terms, but this seems fair?

Fair in this market almost qualifies as a bargain...I'll stick with fair, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so painless to replace Tanev. Felt like we were doomed to replace a bad contract with another one, not come out of this without spending assets and saving a little against the cap. Enough to matter over 4 years. Nearly 3 years younger too.

So...thanks Seattle?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Yeah, I like the build of our roster if we can somehow get Rust off L1.

So Erod on line 1? lol.

that top line RW is gonna be a pain to watch.

My only somewhat solution is putting Carter on Sid's RW, and run Blueger as the 3C with Zucker and Rust. (which would probably be prettt good)

ZAR - Erod - Angello for line 4.

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
I'd hope the goal of this signing was to find a better and cheaper fit for Malkins left side. The teams top 6 needs a makeover. The bottom 6 can get whatever leftovers.

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
“So, that’s the game for me, that sequence in the second period,” Brind’Amour said. “They get back in the game, and then we’re on the kill for what felt like forever. We’re blocking shots, (Jordan Staal) got one, lose a stick. It was a whole comedy of errors there for a little while. But we were able to hunker down and at least get it done.”

“Oh, he’s a stud,” Vincent Trocheck said of McGinn. “He works his ass off every single game, every single shift. It was no surprise that he was out there blocking shots.”

Said Williams: “You know what you’re getting out of Brock every night. He’s gonna put his body on the line. He’s gonna work. There’s nothing by chance — he’s all heart. Obviously, he’s a big part of our PK and a big part of our team.”
We all think our dramatic thoughts in real time and edit them a few hours after any given game, right? After that sequence, I thought, “If they don’t win this for Brock, I’m not sure about the fight in this team.”

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Solid addition. Reading a lot of good comments from Carolina fans about him.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Guentzel - Crosby - Carter would eat teams alive.

Atleast if Jake is healthy.

Guentzel - Crosby - Carter
McGinn - Malkin - Kapanen
Zucker - Blueger - Rust

That's a decent enough top nine if we don't add anything else.

Has Sully even mentioned using Carter with Sid tho, seems kinda too creative for him rn. It'd be cool tho

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I really think financially Hextall was so limited and unable to move Petts that Tanev just was not going to be able to play as many games as he has. Thus signing a younger LW with some grit helps, but one has to hope a couple internal options make the grade. Bjorqvist, Angelo, Lafferty, are players that do have size and a physical presence that may be the move here.

I think the major moves are after this year with Malkin, Letang and 36 million of cap space. This year is find out if Jarry can be that guy. Marino on D can handle more and Kap become that real RW who just is so good. Plus Legare, Poulin and DOC after a year in WB will be part of that transition to bigger stronger and younger.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Nice little signing, actually. With how the market is it seems downright reasonable.

I actually think McGinn has an outside chance at finding himself on the second line later in the year if he can prove to be a fit, there. Which makes this all the more intriguing.

But regardless he really helps solidify their depth at LW, will be a great PKer and can more than hold up his end of the bargain on L3/L4 even if he doesn't outgrow his role. And at that price that's terrific.

I was never going to get my wish about reforming the top six and bringing in a legit offensive threat at wing. So little smart, reasonable signings like this are a nice consolation prize.

All things considered, despite some bleating from certain segments of the fanbase... I think Hex/Burke have done a pretty smart job so far. Not exciting but smart.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Nice little signing, actually. With how the market is it seems downright reasonable.

I actually think McGinn has an outside chance at finding himself on the second line later in the year if he can prove to be a fit, there. Which makes this all the more intriguing.

But regardless he really helps solidify their depth at LW, will be a great PKer and can more than hold up his end of the bargain on L3/L4 even if he doesn't outgrow his role. And at that price that's terrific.

I was never going to get my wish about reforming the top six and bringing in a legit offensive threat at wing. So little smart, reasonable signings like this are a nice consolation prize.

All things considered, despite some bleating from certain segments of the fanbase... I think Hex/Burke have done a pretty smart job so far. Not exciting but smart.

They've opened up the team to add a piece if it comes to us.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

This is a great summary. Big Cock Brock is a great depth guy who is capable of playing higher in the lineup and not looking out of place. Dude never takes a shift off, and never forget that he scored the overtime goal that knocked the Caps out of the playoffs in 2019.

You guys are gonna f***ing love him.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Welcome to Pittsburgh Brock.

OIP.RKtTxuvyQDEaKLLQprZNDAHaHa

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
I like it. Would have preferred a Deslauriers or someone with more size, but whatever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad