Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Anthony Angello to an ELC

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Big fan of his. Big body, gets around the ice well, throws his weight around and has learned how to be the net-front guy on the PP.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
I've seen alot of him at Cornell. Seems to be pretty aggressive with solid potential. Hopefully he can polish his game with WBS

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ok this one I am pretty pumped about. I really think this kid can fight for a spot as soon as next season. NHL sized already, well I mean his freaking huge frame, so much potential there.

I still laugh at Blaine Byron, when we had a rash of injuries and needed a C his dumb ass could have been called up.

Reactions: madinsomniac

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Very nice.

An aggressive 6' 5" guy with some ability is a nice thing to have in the system. Especially if he can skate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Very nice.

An aggressive 6' 5" guy with some ability is a nice thing to have in the system. Especially if he can skate.
Oh he can skate. The guy takes long strides and can definitely fly when he's on his horse. I remember some videos a few years back when he was just 6'4" (lol, JUST 6'4") and he intercepted a pass and just blew past two players and scored a nice back hand goal while cutting across. I don't know who I would compare him to. But that kid can skate with that size, that's for sure. He wouldn't have any issues there.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Ok this one I am pretty pumped about. I really think this kid can fight for a spot as soon as next season. NHL sized already, well I mean his freaking huge frame, so much potential there.

I still laugh at Blaine Byron, when we had a rash of injuries and needed a C his dumb ass could have been called up.

I don't even think Byron has an NHL contract. AFAIK he signed with an AHL team to prove himself and get better offers, but he hasn't performed well at all. I don't know if it was his idea or his donkeybrained agent, but I'll bet he wishes he had a do over right about now.

Reactions: Jacob

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't even think Byron has an NHL contract. AFAIK he signed with an AHL team to prove himself and get better offers, but he hasn't performed well at all. I don't know if it was his idea or his donkeybrained agent, but I'll bet he wishes he had a do over right about now.

Man, if it was his agent, I feel for the kid.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Man, if it was his agent, I feel for the kid.

His agent, Murray Kuntz of the International Hockey Group, had done a thorough analysis of each organization’s depth from top to bottom. The more they weighed the decision the more Florida’s AHL proposal made sense.
“You could sign a NHL contract, but at the end of the day if you never play in the NHL, what’s that really worth?” said Kuntz.

Blaine Byron on forgoing NHL deals to sign with Florida's AHL affiliate - Sportsnet.ca

Seems like the agent's last name is accurate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
His agent, Murray Kuntz of the International Hockey Group, had done a thorough analysis of each organization’s depth from top to bottom. The more they weighed the decision the more Florida’s AHL proposal made sense.
“You could sign a NHL contract, but at the end of the day if you never play in the NHL, what’s that really worth?” said Kuntz.

Blaine Byron on forgoing NHL deals to sign with Florida's AHL affiliate - Sportsnet.ca

Seems like the agent's last name is accurate.
Figures he planned to major in Kinesiology and Physical Education. I guess he can always have that fall back plan of being that P.E teacher that talks about how he was drafted by the great Pittsburgh Penguins and then never elaborates on what happened next.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00