News Article: Penguins Sale Possible This Week

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
He is part owner/Shareholder now.. But judging by his facial expression it looks as though he wish it was the Blue Jackets

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Michael Jordan has a Pens jersey?

Lemieux is golf buddies with Jordan...

7574391efdf177f765351f55b56f3b98.jpg

Arkadiusz

Feb 22, 2019
Concord, MA
Your going to hate the new ownership. They stick their nose in everything. Nobody likes Werner. He ruined the Red Sox broadcast crew. They don’t send a crew with the teams they own. They cut back on every and yet had money to buy your team. They don’t send out. Crew for the Bruins either. They cut everywhere at NESN. Look at what they tried to do in England with Liverpool. Their fans over there hate them.
They did win though. You will have to judge for yourselves.
I can't speak for Liverpool fans but New England fans have grown very spoiled since Henry and New England Sports Ventures ( later re-named Fenway Sports Group) purchased the Sox and won 4 titles. All the guy does is produce titles, including Liverpool. I know the sentiment is very negative towards him up here but you can't argue with results. If whiny New England sports fans don't appreciate what he has done then they serve to confirm their reputation as the greatest "pink hat" fair weather sports fans in the country...

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Your going to hate the new ownership. They stick their nose in everything. Nobody likes Werner. He ruined the Red Sox broadcast crew. They don’t send a crew with the teams they own. They cut back on every and yet had money to buy your team. They don’t send out. Crew for the Bruins either. They cut everywhere at NESN. Look at what they tried to do in England with Liverpool. Their fans over there hate them.
They did win though. You will have to judge for yourselves.

Are you referring to the Super league debacle from April? Because outside of that (which has been largely forgotten about) I've got no idea what you're talking about. They've taken Liverpool from being a good team that occasionally made some noise, to their first title in 30 years, and a Champions League title to boot. Their fans are basking in that shit right now, thanks to smart scouting on players and trusting a coach that whose tactics have remade the face of the league.

I still don't get this widespread "you're going to hate them" brigade that has come in here to slam FSG at every opportunity. So far the grievances read

-They're cheap (have the Red Sox ever been outside of top 10 baseball payroll in the 21st century?)
-They messed around with NESN. You're saying this to a fanbase that paraded Paul Steigerwald on TV for 15 years. The only way is up.
-They have "messed up" Liverpool (who are enjoying their most consistent success in probably 35 years)

My dudes, you have watched FOUR World Series parades (and counting) after a century of choking futility. Complaining about the quality of coverage, or the fact that they took your favorite corndogs out of the stands is penny ante shit compared to a track record of winning RINGS.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
All valid points. I’m not here to bash you guys. There is definitely spoiled New England fans. Aside from club success, there is a sense of them meddling in club affairs. Werner is a cluster f*** IMO. Many transactions for the sake of shirt selling etc. Most of people in New England are pissed at the TV aspect of things. Henry I think is a good guy. Im not a pink hat person either. The deep rooted fans feel this way. Hey, I’m a Steeler fan. I come here once in a while.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
All valid points. I’m not here to bash you guys. There is definitely spoiled New England fans. Aside from club success, there is a sense of them meddling in club affairs. Werner is a cluster f*** IMO. Many transactions for the sake of shirt selling etc. Most of people in New England are pissed at the TV aspect of things. Henry I think is a good guy. Im not a pink hat person either. The deep rooted fans feel this way. Hey, I’m a Steeler fan. I come here once in a while.

And you think the Rooney Tunes show is any better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad