Salary Cap: Penguins Salary Cap Thread: We suck again summer edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Wasn’t sure where to put this. Sabres fan here wondering about Petry.

1) is he available?

2) if so, how much has his game fallen over the past couple seasons?

3) any chance he’d waive his NMC to come to a team like Buffalo (young, on the upswing, good defensemen to pair with, likely with O. Power to start).

4) if dealt, would something around Olofsson/Petry work?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

1) is he available?

3) any chance he’d waive his NMC to come to a team like Buffalo (young, on the upswing, good defensemen to pair with, likely with O. Power to start).

He's not available.

He's the same player he was in Montreal.

Doubt he'd waive, but Buffalo might be a place he'd do it for.

No. Olofsson literally does nothing for us.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Potentially will have Lindholm, Debrincat among others available this summer. If the team is serious about contending, they have to empty out any remaining assets and go for it the next 1-2 years.

The 14th overall + Pickering + Lottery Protected 2024 1st should get you into most conversations.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
- A different coached Pens team this year makes the 2nd round.

- Same coach but better goalie makes the playoffs but probably gets bounced round 1

- A better powerplay makes the playoffs comfortably but probably gets bounced round 1

- A different coach, with a different power play, with a different goalie? Well, skys the limit.

For the FO to do nothing after watching our netmindong suck donkey d for 2 years is baffling. Bottom 6 worthless so they add an overpriced worthless piece to it? Baffling. Power play sucks (has for a while) and we don't target the one or 2 pieces that would have 100% improved it??? (Burns then Miller) okay then. D sucks so we add softies and make them pinch. Okay then. Can't score tough goals so we target 150 lb players. Perfect.

Like if you could make a list of each and every opposite move to make for this franchise I think Burke n Co, and Sully and Co are perfect examples of that. Their decisions are literally like eating poison pills.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pretty sure we're now picking 14 OA? If the Sabres win tonight I think we move up another spot. Can anyone confirm with Tie breakers?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Debrincat would probably cost our first plus something else like Poulin or Pickering or whatever.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
My own bias I've said for going on 4, 5 years now is that this team is only winning with this core again if we target LA Kings/Blues heavy hockey going forward. This run and gun shit is dumb with 35 year olds. Playoffs slow things down anyway- but watching our skinny D push guys I'm the crease like toddlers wrestling there daddies is embarrassing. Watching our itty bitty forwards get pushed to the outside sucks too.

Let New Jersey flash- I'd take a 2010s Blues team against any in the Metro today. I'd take the old Kings core in a chess move against the speed and flash of today. But trying to keep pace while having an older and older sid and Geno down the middle seems stupid. Maybe if you put them on their own line and had the rest 22 year olds flying around idk. This half assed roster is the dumbest I've seen. You have 3 old centers trying to push the pace I'm a fast eastern conference. Weird how that didn't work so well. And if this flash and speed is what our stars demand- back them up with knuckle dragging D that can bang. You can ice nothing but tiny's and NOT get pushed to the outside. Hell our PP sucks so we can even scare teams out of dirty hits like 2016. That team was not a team you wanted on the PP late in a game. This team? I'd elbow and cross check every one of them.

So yeah, D heavy system, OR a heavy team looking for chances, OR put Sod and Geno together and ice the rest with YOUTH. Oh and of course get some damn goalies worth something.

Reactions: vodeni

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Potentially will have Lindholm, Debrincat among others available this summer. If the team is serious about contending, they have to empty out any remaining assets and go for it the next 1-2 years.

The 14th overall + Pickering + Lottery Protected 2024 1st should get you into most conversations.

Yup, bingo. That's music to my ears.

If a new GM wants to come in here and start remaking this roster, with the intent of making waves in the next few years, there should plenty of talent out there to make a statement WITH

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yup, it would be an "all-in" kind of move and be a hell of a statement to the league. Plus he's a diminutive American, so Sullivan probably love him already.
But he played in the OHL rather than NCAA, so that's a strike against him in Sullivan's eyes.

Plus, how is he on the PK? Seems to be the only thing Sullivan gives a damn about talking about whenever a new player is added.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
But he played in the OHL rather than NCAA, so that's a strike against him in Sullivan's eyes.

Plus, how is he on the PK? Seems to be the only thing Sullivan gives a damn about talking about whenever a new player is added.
Never realized Mike was a -105 in his playing career. It explains a lot.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

1) is he available?

1) Yes.
2) He’s fallen off a little but can still eat minutes. Had games where he looked awful but wasn’t a consistent issue. No dman looks good in Sullivan’s system.
3) Probably not but after our disastrous season who knows.
4) Honestly didn’t know Olofsson scored 27 this year but would still want more for Petry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad