GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, 6 PM EST, TV:TNT, Max Radio:WGR550

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
They're probably worried about Bryson getting claimed, but what is worst case scenario? You still have Stillman, Clague, Davies, and Novikov available for callups, plus Bryson's contract might give teams pause about claiming him.

They've decided that Johnson is better and they want to play him. This is the logical move.

Do you actually think there is an NHL team with cap room willing to blow $1.85 M on a guy who isn't even an NHL player. He has barely played this year and was a -24 last year. I cannot believe so many people still have this take on Bryson. If he gets claimed, that's a positive. It frees up the money and they will likely spend it elsewhere. The Sabres are not about cap but real money. We are last in the NHL in spending. Our owner doesn't spend to max anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ehran

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Bummed, sleepy gang we got here eh? :laugh: Excited for this one, hope to get the win and have 5/6 points in the last three. I got JJ and Cozens to carry the offense today and a contribution from a random D man.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Pit seems to really have their number and Detroits rebuild has completely leapfrogged ours which is ironic since we swept them last year.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Granato says they may have to go 11-7 again out of necessity. He claims that necessity is forward availability. That necessity is really carrying three goalies when the waiver exempt one clearly belongs in the AHL and needing an 8th D to sit in the pressbox as they sit under .500 and need scoring…but it would require someone making an actual roster decision and hurting someone’s feelings…so just throw the season away I guess. What are you supposed to do? Hurt someone’s feelings? It’s not like this is professional sports. They certainly don’t act like it.
The goalie situation, agree or not, I can at least wrap my head around.

What they are doing on D, I haven't figured out their logic behind it. Are they putting pressure on guys? Is someone close to losing their spot? I have no idea.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The goalie situation, agree or not, I can at least wrap my head around.

What they are doing on D, I haven't figured out their logic behind it. Are they putting pressure on guys? Is someone close to losing their spot? I have no idea.
It's beyond stupid. The implicit message is that there is not ONE FW worth playing as the 12th guy. Not ONE FW is good enough to off-set the horrors of only starting 6 D-men. Bryson is the easy answer to move off the roster, and Clifton is the easy answer to sit (maybe Samuelsson...maybe EJ). Then you have a roster spot and a starting spot to bring up any of Rousek, Biro, Rosen, or Kulich.

To keep hamstringing the FW group in favor of keeping a bad Dman on the roster, AND a mediocre Dman in the starting line-up, has got to be one of the most baffling roster management decisions I've ever seen this organization fumble with.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
"Vibes" and "culture" and guaranteeing vets have a country club atmosphere for riding off into the sunset>>>>icing the most competitive roster possible

The easiest two things would be waive Bryson since no one is picking up that contract or just straight up assign Levi. But that seems to have escaped the brain trust.

Reactions: enthusiast

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I would really like to hear any reason other than blind hope why this isn't going to be a very long night.
Because this team / organization likes to mess with our heads?

Expect them to be good = they suck donkey nuts

Expect them to lose = They pull something out of their backsides.

:sarcasm:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
When was the last time we had a gm that could manage the roster competently? Maybe Karmanos could do it, are you reading this Mr. Adams or hiding from reporters again ?

Is the goal to make the playoffs or not hurt feelings ? wgr just called out Adams as "bizarre" and "strange" and wonder if Levi is "allowed" to be sent down.

They have a center spot open , but will not call up Kulich.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Going 11-7 on the first night of a back to back. Geniuses. Refusing to make a f***ing paper transaction on Levi to call up a forward. Geniuses.

When there is no accountability you end up with some really f***ing stupid people.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
This is getting crazy. And you know Tuch is still nursing something as well. I just don’t understand

Reactions: Chainshot

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nobody with a chance to ask will push back on it either
It's bad enough having an unserious and incompetent clown show of an organization that constantly fails miserably. It's even worse when the media are a bunch of court eunuchs who refuse to criticize this shitshow lest they get their access cut off.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Do you actually think there is an NHL team with cap room willing to blow $1.85 M on a guy who isn't even an NHL player. He has barely played this year and was a -24 last year. I cannot believe so many people still have this take on Bryson. If he gets claimed, that's a positive. It frees up the money and they will likely spend it elsewhere. The Sabres are not about cap but real money. We are last in the NHL in spending. Our owner doesn't spend to max anymore.
I've learned never to underestimate the collective stupidity of NHL GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad