SmartSelect_20231124_115930_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20231124_115938_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20231124_115946_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20231124_115959_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20231124_120009_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Granato says they may have to go 11-7 again out of necessity. He claims that necessity is forward availability. That necessity is really carrying three goalies when the waiver exempt one clearly belongs in the AHL and needing an 8th D to sit in the pressbox as they sit under .500 and need scoring…but it would require someone making an actual roster decision and hurting someone’s feelings…so just throw the season away I guess. What are you supposed to do? Hurt someone’s feelings? It’s not like this is professional sports. They certainly don’t act like it.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
For those who don't have TNT, Max is currently offering subscriptions for $2.99 a month with the sports package (NHL, NBA, MLB, etc.) thrown in for free.

Meanwhile, looks like Cozens has ditched the fishbowl:

I feel like so many of out TNT games are against the Pens..

No excuse for Cozens now.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Not sure how money puck figures into this one for the Sabres to win. This is just a team we don't beat especially in Pittsburgh. I've done a little bit of digging into the Sabres vs Penguins since Crosby joined in 2005.

Going from the 2006 season and forward, we have played them 63 times before this game

Wins: 18
Losses: 37
Ties/OTL: 8

This is a team that suppose to on decline and we are a team suppose to be turning the corner. This is also a team who will be in competition for a wild card spot. Sabres need to learn how to beat Pittsburgh and let it now become our decade plus of handing them L's.

MUST WIN game.

Reactions: Fearnot

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Playing at home, the day after a holiday, against Pittsburgh?

Guaranteed lethargic L incoming, featuring a 3-0 first period lead for the Pens, including:
-Odd man rush goal after a dumbass turnover by one of the forwards in the NZ or o-zone
-A "you'd like to see a save there" goal
-An inevitable goal where they fail to clear a couple times and somebody ends up wide open in front after the Sabres chase the puck around

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Granato says they may have to go 11-7 again out of necessity. He claims that necessity is forward availability. That necessity is really carrying three goalies when the waiver exempt one clearly belongs in the AHL and needing an 8th D to sit in the pressbox as they sit under .500 and need scoring…but it would require someone making an actual roster decision and hurting someone’s feelings…so just throw the season away I guess. What are you supposed to do? Hurt someone’s feelings? It’s not like this is professional sports. They certainly don’t act like it.
"Vibes" and "culture" and guaranteeing vets have a country club atmosphere for riding off into the sunset>>>>icing the most competitive roster possible

Reactions: SabresFan26

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I hope so. They really need to get him going.

I'm still pulling for RyJo to get his first goal
I’m pulling for a win period. Being married to my wife who her and her whole family being pens fans is enough torture. Started dating when the Pens won back to back cups and we were in the tank years.

"Vibes" and "culture" and guaranteeing vets have a country club atmosphere for riding off into the sunset>>>>icing the most competitive roster possible
Need competition and accountability to win.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
This seems like such a weird start time.

Too late for it to be a matinee. Too early for an "evening" game. It lands right in the (East coast) dinner hour.

Was the time set to be part of a 3 or 4 game broadcast schedule or something?

:huh:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This seems like such a weird start time.

Too late for it to be a matinee. Too early for an "evening" game. It lands right in the (East coast) dinner hour.

Was the time set to be part of a 3 or 4 game broadcast schedule or something?

:huh:
I just looked at the games for today and we stand alone at 6pm. There are bunch starting from 1pm to 3:30. Then the rest are the usual 7pm or later starts.

I think it’s because we’re part of a double header on TNT. The 2nd game starts at 8:30 (Avs vs Wild).

Reactions: Ehran

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Several hours of national broadcasters fawning over Sidney Crosby? Sounds like I should start checking Black Friday deals on a a new tv.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I'm not projecting motivations but why not pull up Rosen or Kulich and send Bryson down? Maybe give each a few games. Hell, either might be a great addition to the team.

On a side note, did I see right that R. Johnson hasn't been on the ice yet for a 5x5 against?

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I'm not projecting motivations but why not pull up Rosen or Kulich and send Bryson down?Maybe give each a few games. Hell, either might be a great addition to the team.

On a side note, did I see right that R. Johnson hasn't been on the ice yet for a 5x5 against?

Sending down Bryson seems like the easiest solution. Whatever anyone thinks about the Levi situation, at least he’s playing.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Sending down Bryson seems like the easiest solution. Whatever anyone thinks about the Levi situation, at least he’s playing.
They're probably worried about Bryson getting claimed, but what is worst case scenario? You still have Stillman, Clague, Davies, and Novikov available for callups, plus Bryson's contract might give teams pause about claiming him.

They've decided that Johnson is better and they want to play him. This is the logical move.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Playing at home, the day after a holiday, against Pittsburgh?

Guaranteed lethargic L incoming, featuring a 3-0 first period lead for the Pens, including:
-Odd man rush goal after a dumbass turnover by one of the forwards in the NZ or o-zone
-A "you'd like to see a save there" goal
-An inevitable goal where they fail to clear a couple times and somebody ends up wide open in front after the Sabres chase the puck around
Why watch the game. I think you have it correctly described here......

Yes. I am in a very frosty mood today regarding this team.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I think they drop this one. PIT is too full of veterans to give up points to a struggling team they need to stay ahead of in the standings.

3-1 PIT.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

I mean Bryson can go to Rochester. It's a fantasy that someone will claim him.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
For those who don't have TNT, Max is currently offering subscriptions for $2.99 a month with the sports package (NHL, NBA, MLB, etc.) thrown in for free.

Meanwhile, looks like Cozens has ditched the fishbowl:

Thanks for the heads up. I have Hulu so I can get TNT. This means I can drop that and save quite a few bucks if I understand correctly but I'm not sure what the package really is but I'll give it a go.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Start time is stupid. Gotta work at 4am tomorrow so if I stay up to watch them lose I'll probably only get 5/6 hours of sleep and it just doesnt seem worth it lol. 3pm game wouldv'e been golden but NY Jets being on then probably neutered that idea. Cest la vie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad