Recalled/Assigned: Penguins recall F Bryan Rust (returned after Klinkhammer deal)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Because I wanted to see what an actual prospect could do, not another reclamation project.

There are 4 AHL calibre wingers currently on the roster. Klinkhammer's an NHL player. He should be playing regardless, even if it'd be nice if Rust could get a shot over a guy like Ebbett/Sill/He Who Shall Never Be Injured.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
There are 4 AHL calibre wingers currently on the roster. Klinkhammer's an NHL player. He should be playing regardless, even if it'd be nice if Rust could get a shot over a guy like Ebbett/Sill/He Who Shall Never Be Injured.

Well yes. That was actually my point. Thanks for saying what I was thinking, RRP.

:)

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
And we're shaking our head why?

Because Ebbett is as "good" as he'll ever be.

Rust will probably end up being another nothing, but how badly are you hurt by putting him in over a worthless player like Ebbett? In other words, the difference between winning or losing won't ever come down to an Ebbett over a Rust, so why not just see what the kid can do?

Seems to me that this is more Bylsma-esque "The regular season is really important so let's not lose 2 in a row" garbage.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Because Ebbett is as "good" as he'll ever be.

Rust will probably end up being another nothing, but how badly are you hurt by putting him in over a worthless player like Ebbett? In other words, the difference between winning or losing won't ever come down to an Ebbett over a Rust, so why not just see what the kid can do?

Seems to me that this is more Bylsma-esque "The regular season is really important so let's not lose 2 in a row" garbage.

Well, fair enough. I interpreted it as Rust should play over Klinkhammer.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Well, fair enough. I interpreted it as Rust should play over Klinkhammer.

No, by all accounts Klinkhammer is a good 4th line player that can fill in occasionally on a third line. You're not going to replace him with a callup before your new acquisition even plays in one game.

But again, and this goes back to last year and the several years before. When HEALTHY, this team has two guys who don't belong in the NHL in Adams and Sill. Meanwhile Grabner had to wait for someone to get injured to crack the Isles lineup again.

I just never understood why they can't just bring a few guys up, sit a couple of guys down and see where it goes. Some youth, some enthusiasm being injected into the lineup and what's the worse that'll happen? You lose some meaningless game during the first quarter of the season?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Im on the "give the kids a shot" train... honestly our fourth line plays all of 5 minutes ES... if a call up cant cut it and it shows it wont be hard to bury his minutes with another winger for a game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad