Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Teddy Blueger (2 years, $750k AAV)

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Its 50k over league minimum this season. But in the 2nd season I think league minimum actually increase to 750k. So the 2nd year he will make the minimum

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Glad it's done. I probably would have preferred 1 year so we could see what's what and extend him during the season. But this gives us certainty next offseason, when we're in a cap crunch, and we can still extend him July 1 if he's willing.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
Glad it's done. I probably would have preferred 1 year so we could see what's what and extend him during the season. But this gives us certainty next offseason, when we're in a cap crunch, and we can still extend him July 1 if he's willing.
Tough crowd. I get your aren’t saying this is bad, but to find any sort of downside is impressive! Lol

Reactions: Dominance

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Glad it's done. Good deal for team and good opportunity for Teddy to make an impact at the NHL level.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Tough crowd. I get your aren’t saying this is bad, but to find any sort of downside is impressive! Lol
There isn't necessarily a downside. It's just a personal thing. I just really like the player and I'm dreading guys like him pricing themselves out of town in s few years.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I was afraid that the KHL was going to poach TB. Really good deal. He played amazing at Worlds. If he can take the defensive FO load and score 30 points I'd be happy.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ramble ramble ramble TERM!!! ramble ramble ramble ramble TERM!!! ramble ramble ramble! JR!!!

He is one that we need to pan out. I think he has the skill set. We can also give him some good wingers this year. Looking forward to watching him grow.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This could be a nice contract. He has shown some ability to score.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
I was afraid that the KHL was going to poach TB. Really good deal. He played amazing at Worlds. If he can take the defensive FO load and score 30 points I'd be happy.
It would have been extremely hard. He has worked 7 years to reach the NHL and clearly still has an opportunity to grow and further prove himself. So, why waste it for playing in Russia?

Reactions: ownal

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
ZAR has no leverage either. So expect a one-year deal around 1M.

Pettersson is the trickier case.

yeah, but ZAR has arbitration...a lot of similar players have been getting 2-year, $1.5 per and we can't afford that...even if the team chooses one year, I think he's getting more like $1.2...as I've said before, hopefully they can talk him down to $1 mil...I don't think he would have filed for arbitration if he and the team were close

Reactions: Shady Machine

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
yeah, but ZAR has arbitration...a lot of similar players have been getting 2-year, $1.5 per and we can't afford that...even if the team chooses one year, I think he's getting more like $1.2...as I've said before, hopefully they can talk him down to $1 mil...I don't think he would have filed for arbitration if he and the team were close
They would have to walk away. It would be nice to keep him, but not for anything over 1 million.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I mean the contract was expected....it's similar to what Simon and Sprong got last year...a $50k raise. It's fine. I'm more interested to see what happens with ZAR and Pettersson
Yeah, it's actually exactly what I expected. I penciled him in at 800k for 2y but that was with a little extra cushion when doing the cap numbers. It's going to be a steal for the next 2 years, IMO.

This also makes me think that ZAR could price himself out of town. He and Teddy were both on 30 pt paces last season and Teddy plays C and doesn't appear to be injury prone. I can't see them paying ZAR much more. Maybe a 1 year prove it deal to see if he can stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad