Confirmed with Link: Penguins Re-Sign Defenseman Ian Cole to a Three-Year Contract (2.1M AAV)

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
kind of upset about this. I had him penciled in for a $2MM cap hit, which made most of my rosters work. This is a pretty big mistake by Rutherford.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I like the three year term, really helps our cap work for that time. Great young mid pair guy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh sure, "ColePens"... Or should I say IanColePens! We all knew Ian Cole was a dynamo on Twitter but we didn't know he's been on this board for years planting the seeds. I'm onto you, you beautiful *******!

I puhed for a stipulation in my contract that I NEVER get to be paired with Scuds.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
A decent deal, I was hoping for maybe a 1-year bridge contract but perhaps that was unrealistic.

This puts a little bit more pressure on good ol' JR and co. to get rid of some of the contracts we don't want anymore...if not all of them.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
A decent deal, I was hoping for maybe a 1-year bridge contract but perhaps that was unrealistic.

This puts a little bit more pressure on good ol' JR and co. to get rid of some of the contracts we don't want anymore...if not all of them.

This deal is better than a 1 year. Odds are he's not going to tank and be terrible; odds are better he plays extremely well in the next year and his price goes up.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Capfriendly.com has the annual values as 1.5, 2.3 and 2.5 million. Not a steal but a fair deal for a solid player. Cole is only 26 and entering his third full NHL season. There's still room to grow as a defensive D.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Nice! I love how Cole makes the pass at the last second on the board, just before getting hammered by the opponent. It's surprising that he's still alive, this guy takes a solid hit every game lol.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Nice! I love how Cole makes the pass at the last second on the board, just before getting hammered by the opponent. It's surprising that he's still alive, this guy takes a solid hit every game lol.

He's smart with drawing in guys and then dishing it away off the boards. It pins that player in.

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
He's smart with drawing in guys and then dishing it away off the boards. It pins that player in.

Exactly. I think he's still concussion free. Wait for the first one and he's going to change that good play he always does. With the Penguins luck, don't be surprised if it happens during the pre-season lol.

EDIT: He suffered 1 concussion at the AHL level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad