Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Beau Bennett (1 year, $800k)

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
i think people are overreacting to this beau bennett two knee brace thing. I played with a few in midget major/junior who were already wearing multiple braces.

That's weird because when I played I hated them, and so did just about all of the guys I know.

BB also seems to dislike them as well:

"When you’re playing healthy and not hindered by wearing braces on your knees"

So I'm not sure why anyone would suggest they didn't bother him. Unless the suggestion is he is a liar or making excuses?

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
If he stays healthy, stays on RW in the top 9 and gets genuine 2nd PP time (doubt it), Id guess he will end up somewhere between 15-20 goals and 25-35 assists. He has the potential to put up 45 assists for sure, but he'd need real PP time which is just never going to happen.

Those are the big if's. I believe Bennett has the ability to be a top 9 forward but when he was playing last year and started out decent I told my brother he was going to get hurt shortly. This kid just can't stay healthy and I hope he can prove me wrong but until I see him play a full season I just don't have a good feeling about him. The good news is he can only surprise me at this point because I have no expectations for him. If Bennett proves me wrong and stays healthy all year then he most likely will be a productive player. Just don't like those odds.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
That's weird because when I played I hated them, and so did just about all of the guys I know.

BB also seems to dislike them as well:

"When you’re playing healthy and not hindered by wearing braces on your knees"

So I'm not sure why anyone would suggest they didn't bother him. Unless the suggestion is he is a liar or making excuses?

not saying its comfortable, i am saying it doesn't mean his career is over or anything. Sure its tougher to skate in them but i dont think any less of him because of the braces (i have other reasons :laugh:).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad