Confirmed with Link: Penguins re-sign Beau Bennett (1 year, $800k)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-signed forward Beau Bennett to a one-year contract, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Jim Rutherford.

The deal carries an average annual value of $800,000.

Bennett, 23, finished the 2014-15 season with four goals, eight assists and 12 points in 49 games. He established a single-game career high with three points (1G-2A) against the Montreal Canadiens on Nov. 18 at the Bell Centre.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound Bennett has appeared in 96 career regular-season games with the Penguins, scoring 10 goals and adding 23 assists for 33 points. Four of his 10 career goals have been game-winning markers.

Penguins re-sign Beau Bennett

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Good price. Stay healthy, tear **** up, and make us wish we had given you a multi-year, Beau.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Huh. I know it's a one-way verses two-way, but surprised he took a pay-cut. Really surprised he got less than Etem, even if it is only a 50K difference.

Still an RFA after this, so it's a prove-it deal.

Only bad thing about this is now we really have no cap-issues at all so there's less incentive to move out Kunitz/Scuderi.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
If he can stay healthy (I know I know -- HUGE if), I still feel like he can post big assist numbers in this league.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
how would people feel about this 3rd line? Kunitz-Sutter-Bennett?

I was just thinking about this, if we don't move anyone I'd try going with this:

Perron - Crosby - Hornqvist
Plotnikov - Malkin - Kessel
Kunitz - Sutter - Bennett
Dupuis - Sundqvist - Wilson/Rust/Farnham

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Huh. I know it's a one-way verses two-way, but surprised he took a pay-cut. Really surprised he got less than Etem, even if it is only a 50K difference.

Still an RFA after this, so it's a prove-it deal.

Only bad thing about this is now we really have no cap-issues at all so there's less incentive to move out Kunitz/Scuderi.

It's a great thing they aren't desperate to shed cash because should they still attempt to move Scuderi, for instance, the teams they are talking to won't have them up against a wall.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
If he can stay healthy (I know I know -- HUGE if), I still feel like he can post big assist numbers in this league.

Agree. Kid has really good vision, lots of creativity when he's not being forced to grind, grind, grind. A Bennett-Malkin-Kessel line could definitely work.. I doubt he's ever given the chance though.

This is it Beau, a 1 year deal to prove your worth. Hope he doesn't completely blow up and become unaffordable, though I doubt it.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
This is it Beau, a 1 year deal to prove your worth. Hope he doesn't completely blow up and become unaffordable, though I doubt it.

I hope he does! How good could he possibly be this year to get a contract worth more than ~4 mil AAV?

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
For me, this is on par with the Kessel deal.
I am completely and wildly biased for Beau and so happy that they didn't get rid of him. I think his potential is insane.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
I hope he does! How good could he possibly be this year to get a contract worth more than ~4 mil AAV?

Oh he's never going to touch that amount. I guess you're right, I do hope he blows up.. he could have a 'huge year' of like 15+25 or so and could demand.. 3 mil? No idea.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
What do people expect points wise for him? Let's just say he plays 82 games with Sutter and Kunitz, maybe through in a few games with Sid/Geno. My guess would be 19/29.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad