Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers - March 27

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
What the **** am I reading in this thread hahahahaha

This has turned into a thread full of jokes overnight.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It's all about him staying healthy and giving the illusion he's still a 30 plus goal scorer so that maybe we can somehow dupe some gm to taking him and his albatross contract this summer. Crazy how when we need a huge goal in the third or ot he's probably the 7th or 8th player on this team I expect to come up with it. Go ahead Rick prove us all wrong in April, may and hopefully June.

This is hilarious. He may be slightly overpaid, but you saying him and his contract are albatross is laughable. Putting aside his cap hit, every single team in the league would want Nash and he'd be on their first or second line without hesitation.

Nothing would make me more happy than for the Rangers to get to the Stanley cup on Nash's back, and he scores the winning goal to clinch the cup. If I were him after scoring the goal I'd flip everyone off, and tell the media to **** themselves. The way Rangers fans and the media have crucified him ever since he got here is ridiculous

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Not only, did we not get the extra point, and not only did Staal not get the hat trick, but now I don't even get 50% off Papa John's. Screw this team, I wanted half-priced pizza.

Zuccs was terrible tonight, Brassard's dumb penalty almost cost us. GG by E. Staal and his line

NOT getting Papa John's pizza is the winning side of the equation.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The forwards are clueless in the defensive zone too, I don't know what their excuse is. Most of these guys have played at least an entire season under AV, a lot of them 2 seasons. The Rangers are 29th in 5-on-5 shot differential with -394 (the "hockey team" in Colorado has an unfathomable -760).

Yup, team defense has been dysfunctional up and down the lineup. I understand why some of the defensemen are struggling in this system, they are getting older and slower in a defensive scheme that was never an in ideal fit for them to begin with. But I have a harder time understanding why the forwards are having such issues in their own zone. Some of our forwards who should be accustomed to playing in AV's system have really taken a step back defensively.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
They designed to get the shot to the net with Crosby in front and a Ranger battling as a screen. Are you seriously interpreting a set play as "purposefully throw puck off skate"? That is beyond stupid what you just said. How about our set play a few years ago in the playoffs against Washington, game 5 where Marc won it with a slapshot that deflected off 3 caps players? No man, not a play to get the shot from the point off the draw, just Marc Staal and the coaching staff saying "brah, man, shoot it so it lines up perfectly to deflect off Chimera, then Green, then Alzner and then go glove side umkay?"

No, stop being ridiculous. He's saying that the plays/shooting areas used are designed so that even if the opposing team loses the puck, the shots are designed so that they can be retrieved by them. It prevents the rangers from possessing the puck, playing offense, and forces them to play defense.

He also happens to be right. Freaking AV and his chip Kelly complex

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Shouldn't have had tonight in there at the end, meant in general. Played well tonight but honestly, the line strikes me as more of what's left after the top 6 is set. It definitely looks better with Hayes at center though. I'd like to see Stalberg put back together with Staal and Fast on the 4th line.

Any strengths gained by putting staal at center us negated by putting Hayes on wing or taking him out of the lineup.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Islanders treat every game against the Rangers as a playoff game. Imagine if they play the Rangers in the actual playoffs? They'll all be playing like they have bull testosterone in their Gatorade bottles. They scare the **** out of me in a playoff atmosphere.

The Penguins are playing at their peak given their available personnel. The Rangers have at least one more gear, maybe two or even three. The vets are saving up their energy for the playoffs. They've been there before.

This^, absolutely this^! I don't "fear" the Islanders per sé, just don't want to resurrect the demons of yesteryear, when we lost to them time and time again, always hoping it would be different this time.
Would be MUCH MORE exciting playing the Isles of course, , but wouldn't want them to expend all that energy that will be surely used with the media. Play and beat Pittsburgh......and hope that the Isles exact revenge on the Caps for last year's loss to them. Then and only then, do I want to play the Islanders.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
And praise the laaaaaaaaawd for that.

Not gonna lie, I miss 4 on 4 when we end up in OT. Watching this team soil their pants at 3 on 3 is not fun.

After the PK, the portion of 4-on-4 play until the whistle was extremely entertaining.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Yup, team defense has been dysfunctional up and down the lineup. I understand why some of the defensemen are struggling in this system, they are getting older and slower in a defensive scheme that was never an in ideal fit for them to begin with. But I have a harder time understanding why the forwards are having such issues in their own zone. Some of our forwards who should be accustomed to playing in AV's system have really taken a step back defensively.
Hayes looks lazy a lot in the D-zone, but I can't say for the other forwards.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
And praise the laaaaaaaaawd for that.

Not gonna lie, I miss 4 on 4 when we end up in OT. Watching this team soil their pants at 3 on 3 is not fun.

Especially when you are also soiling your own pants simultaneously.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Lindberg is not better than Fast

you know what, that sounds good but it may not be true.

i happen to like oscars overall game better than quickies.

lindberg has better hands, more creative, a way better shot and is way more physical.

fast is well..... faster.

lindberg has impressed me with his game this year, even when he's not scoring, he still does other things really well.

fast to me is very blah. he's fast and he's a good checker but to me, he's closer to the 4th line than he is the 2nd. his hands are his weakness and his ability to create is limited.

while lindberg is a 2nd/3rd type guy right now today.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This^, absolutely this^! I don't "fear" the Islanders per sé, just don't want to resurrect the demons of yesteryear, when we lost to them time and time again, always hoping it would be different this time.
Would be MUCH MORE exciting playing the Isles of course, , but wouldn't want them to expend all that energy that will be surely used with the media. Play and beat Pittsburgh......and hope that the Isles exact revenge on the Caps for last year's loss to them. Then and only then, do I want to play the Islanders.

I am so sick of playing the Penguins and Capitals in the playoffs. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. PLEASE can we have some different teams for a change?:shakehead

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Lindberg is not better than Fast

i would vehemently disagree with that...I think Lindberg is a lot better than Fasth...I think Fasth is a lot more CONSISTENT than Lindberg.

Fasths game is very steady game in and game out. Perfect 4th line player. Put a 4th line of him, Stalberg and someone like Dominic Moore (But younger) and you have yourself an ideal 4th line.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
i would vehemently disagree with that...I think Lindberg is a lot better than Fasth...I think Fasth is a lot more CONSISTENT than Lindberg.

Fasths game is very steady game in and game out. Perfect 4th line player. Put a 4th line of him, Stalberg and someone like Dominic Moore (But younger) and you have yourself an ideal 4th line.

Lindberg/Fogarty

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
This was my first game of the year, ****** way to end my drought.

I also thought it was a mostly even game. The coaches need to solidify the lines like now, it looks like there's no chemistry whatsoever. The 3rd line looked good, Hayes needs to stay at center and Staal at wing. Hank on the 2nd goal and Brassard's high stick WOAT. Almost forgot how bad Glass actually is, at least he had a nice stretch for a few games so gold stars for him I guess :dunno:

Felt like the entire defense was getting beaten by their speed a lot, Hags and Kessel's line specifically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad