Post-Game Talk: Penguins @ Rangers - March 27

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
But I'm always told Nash is elite
He's an elite 5-on-5 scorer. This team lacks cycle game, but they finished 3rd in goals last year and are 5th in Goals/GP this year. I don't know why people dislike admitting that this team has a lot of offensive talent.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Makes a lot more sense than blaming hank. All is said was that maybe last night Some blame should be put on our scorers and not our goalie. Especially in a 2-2 game for over a period and ot. And not mention pitt d missing two starting d men.It's just always so easy to blame the goalie or d

easy to blame the guy who singlehandedly let Pittsburgh back in the game, yeah..

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
I am so sick of playing the Penguins and Capitals in the playoffs. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. PLEASE can we have some different teams for a change?:shakehead

Big reason why I'm already sick of this bracket playoff format, does not lend itself to fresh match-ups, I'm hoping once it's a 32 team league than they go back to the 1-8 seeding.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Big reason why I'm already sick of this bracket playoff format, does not lend itself to fresh match-ups, I'm hoping once it's a 32 team league than they go back to the 1-8 seeding.

I agree. We are all sick of playing Wash. and Pitt. Teams that know each other especialky well, imo believe that leads to BORING hockey. Okay,,maybe not boring......but you know what I mean. Seems this league is about to be flip flopped soon anyway.

Teams like Buffalo, Arizona and Edmonton are surely going to be formidable at some point. Question is.......which teams see a major dissension?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I agree. We are all sick of playing Wash. and Pitt. Teams that know each other especialky well, imo believe that leads to BORING hockey. Okay,,maybe not boring......but you know what I mean. Seems this league is about to be flip flopped soon anyway.

Teams like Buffalo, Arizona and Edmonton are surely going to be formidable at some point. Question is.......which teams see a major dissension?

I'm not sick of playing those teams at all. Not even a little. I'd rather than than teams I had little interest in early in the playoffs like Ottawa, Atlanta, and Buffalo.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

There's no guarantee those teams are going to be "formidable" at any point.

The NHL, for all the nonsense we had with losing a season, and then half a season, is not a league with a tremendous amount of parity at the top. Pittsburgh was only bad one season since the lockout. Washington has been good every year. Even the Rangers have only missed the playoffs once. Florida, save for this year, has been an awful team. Carolina, after winning the Cup in 2006, has made the playoffs exactly once since.

There is no guarantee a "bad" team will miraculously get good with draft picks.

The NHL is an extremely top heavy league, with a ton of mediocre (playoff/non-playoff) teams, and about 6 really bad teams that may stay really bad for an extremely long period of time.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm not sick of playing those teams at all. Not even a little. I'd rather than than teams I had little interest in early in the playoffs like Ottawa, Atlanta, and Buffalo.

The division format is the best.

Maybe if 6 teams were eliminated instead of this insanity of adding 2 more, we'd truly have the playoff intensity we used to see in the 1980's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad