• Swoyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Svejkovsky

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
We have a new top dog, with the people picking Pickering mere months after he enters the org.

In the name of flipping the bird to Randy expediency, POJ will be declared number two.

We are now onto prospect number three. Andonovoski and Caulfield will be added. The following are still not on the poll:

Murashov, Airola, Laatsch, McCleary, Collins, Maniscalco, Bjorkqvist, Devlin, Yoder, Plante

Suggestions welcome for next in, will likely default to next highest pick that's not Bjorkqvist if people don't say.

1. Pickering (34.7%. won run-off vs POJ)
2. Joseph
3. ?

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It’s between Blomqvist and Puusy and I took the former…

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Something in me is sticking at anointing Blomqvist. I think I've seen too many prospects surge up on the back of great seasons and not repeat and fall back down. Problem is I don't know who I'd pick instead of him.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Something in me is sticking at anointing Blomqvist. I think I've seen too many prospects surge up on the back of great seasons and not repeat and fall back down. Problem is I don't know who I'd pick instead of him.

Yeah it's looking grim. I don't recall us being this negative last year.

I think my personal top 10 is:

1. Blomqvist
2. POJ
3. DOC
4. Pickering
5. Lindberg
6. Poulin
7. Puustinen
8. Svejkovsky
9. Gauthier
whatever ... Tankov?

Last edited:
Reactions: ehill613

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

You know... I might have a suggestion on who you could vote for!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

1. Blomqvist
2. POJ
3. DOC
4. Pickering
5. Lindberg
6. Poulin
7. Puustinen
8. Svejkovsky
9. Gauthier
whatever ... Tankov?

I don't even feel that down about the prospect group, compared to expectations. I just feel like that top 7 is very closely grouped, and that you put anyone in that tier in pretty much any order and it won't feel that wrong. Judging between them feels very difficult.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

1. Blomqvist
2. POJ
3. DOC
4. Pickering
5. Lindberg
6. Poulin
7. Puustinen
8. Svejkovsky
9. Gauthier
whatever ... Tankov?

What's sad is having 3 goalies in the top ten. Having one be your #1 is even sadder. This isn't a poke at you, Randy, it's just the sad state the prospect pool is.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't even feel that down about the prospect group, compared to expectations. I just feel like that top 7 is very closely grouped, and that you put anyone in that tier in pretty much any order and it won't feel that wrong. Judging between them feels very difficult.

Seems pretty similar to our 15-16 pool IMO where players like Rust, Kuhnhackl, and Wilson came out of nowhere. We are missing the Sheary and Guentzel tho. Even then you’d look at the 15-16 prospects and probably go Kapanen, Pouliot, Sprong / Murray.

I’d argue we don’t need them though right now. I look at our top nine wing depth and see the need for an elite talent.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
@jmelm is currently holding my family hostage so I picked DOC.

And now I can finally forgive you for not taking DOC #1 in the last poll. ;)

If you want your family safely released, all you need to do is admit and assert your position that DOC will be one of the 12 starting forwards on the roster this year and not be sent down to WBS, as is the though of some of the less enlightened folks out there.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Cannot in good conscience vote Blomqvist because I get him mixed up with that weird gym rat that Guerin fell in love with when he watched him do hip thrusts in camp.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
And now I can finally forgive you for not taking DOC #1 in the last poll. ;)

If you want your family safely released, all you need to do is admit and assert your position that DOC will be one of the 12 starting forwards on the roster this year and not be sent down to WBS, as is the though of some of the less enlightened folks out there.
Isn't that basically saying "Zucker will be injured by end of September?"

Cause at LW we have Jake, Zuck, Heinen, and McGinn

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Isn't that basically saying "Zucker will be injured by end of September?"

Cause at LW we have Jake, Zuck, Heinen, and McGinn

No. I want to know your position on whether you think DOC makes the 23 man roster if everyone else is healthy (and barring any other trades/personnel moves).

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
No. I want to know your position on whether you think DOC makes the 23 man roster if everyone else is healthy (and barring any other trades/personnel moves).

23 implies a couple excess positions, so...yes.

Mind you, heading into the summer I was hoping he'd be pencilled into the starting lineup next year. But the LW and C positions are spoken for. And I know Zohorna is no longer eligible for this list but I'd still prioritize him over DOC.

Where do you have DOC in the lineup?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
23 implies a couple excess positions, so...yes.

Mind you, heading into the summer I was hoping he'd be pencilled into the starting lineup next year. But the LW and C positions are spoken for. And I know Zohorna is no longer eligible for this list but I'd still prioritize him over DOC.

Where do you have DOC in the lineup?

Where in the lineup? I think he could play himself as high as 2nd line LW, or be at any of 3rd line LW, 4 line LW, or 4th line C if Carter was moved to RW.

I think LW is most likely (barring injuries to our C's or other trades), and I expect DOC to outperform both of Poehling and Zohorna and play a more prominent role than either of those guys.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Where in the lineup? I think he could play himself as high as 2nd line LW, or be at any of 3rd line LW, 4 line LW, or 4th line C if Carter was moved to RW.

I think LW is most likely (barring injuries to our C's or other trades), and I expect DOC to outperform both of Poehling and Zohorna and play a more prominent role than either of those guys.

Realistically given his potential and the loss of ERod do you think he could step into the ERod utility role this year?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Realistically given his potential and the loss of ERod do you think he could step into the ERod utility role this year?

That's a bit hard to say because we're not even sure which "ERod" Erod is -- the first half guy or the second half guy? Lol.

DOC likely needs more time playing C at the NHL level to adjust to that position, since he only played C in pro hockey last year and has only played that position in the AHL.

I also don't know what the management's or coaching staff's plans are for him in terms of wanting him at C vs. W. Do they see him as an eventual Blueger replacement, or an eventual Zucker replacement? I really can't answer that because we don't know.

I will reiterate what I've said before that I think DOC has the potential to play as a third-wheel on a scoring line, similar to the role that Zucker would fill if playing with Malkin + one of Rust/Rakell. Or you could say the same thing about Heinen.

I do think DOC has the chance of playing higher in the lineup as a LW than as a C. And we don't know what his ceiling is because he's a late bloomer in general, but it's certainly a higher ceiling than Poehling or Zohorna, as soon as this season.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad