News Article: Penguins poised for a decade of dominance

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Because here’s the thing with the Penguins: As good as they’ve been the past couple of seasons despite long stretches without their best players, they’re downright scary when everyone is healthy. Case in point, there were stretches during their 6-3 win over the New York Rangers Sunday night when you might have been convinced you were watching a Harlem Globetrotters-Washington Generals game.

“It doesn’t mean a ******* thing to me,” Shero said. “I don’t think as a group, as a team, as a coaching staff, we ever look at expectations. It’s just somebody’s opinion. I don’t think our group pays any attention to it. If someone says the Rangers are the favorite to win the Cup, does it bother our group? It doesn’t bother them at all.”

Thats it, Ray! Put a quarter in the swear jar!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/49505-Penguins-poised-for-a-decade-of-dominance.html

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Reading further, when you look like Anderson Cooper you might want a better turn of phrase than 'You get the sense that the Penguins will be a ***** in the balloon of many teams’ playoff hopes this season.' as well.

membre_32.jpg

As for the piece itself it is the usual light on content fluff that is the ego stroke we see done about a lot of teams.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
thats one of the best quotes ever from a gm LOL. Also This was pretty funny as well.

“He’s strong and he has to be one of the best skaters in the league,†Shero said. “And he takes his defensive game seriously. He’s a guy, you watch him below the hashmarks, he’s a *****. And that’s good for us.â€

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Yea, I wish all of RS interviews came off like this. Would be a lot more entertaining than the cookie cutter cliches we get shoved down our throat.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think the next 10 seasons will look a lot like the last 6.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I find it really hard to imagine Ray Shero cursing. He always seems so bland and cookie-cutter in every interview I've ever seen from him.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
I find it really hard to imagine Ray Shero cursing. He always seems so bland and cookie-cutter in every interview I've ever seen from him.

he was swearing a bit in the NHL 24-7 specials on HBO.

it's HBO, so take that "reality" with a grain of salt, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad