Speculation: Penguins off day talk thread: Dont look now, but we are good again!

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Back on the bench?
Poulin didn't play last night because he had to be sent back to WBS, which officially happened today to clear room for Blomqvist.

The Pens can't send Bemstrom to WBS. The only players they can send to the AHL are the ones who were on an AHL roster after the trade deadline. That's Poulin, Gruden, and Puustinen. Gruden is already down.

Haase said Poulin was slated to play last night until the illnesses became a bigger issue.

I want Poulin to play more. It's absurd that he's getting so few minutes. Sullivan should be criticized heavily for that. But it sounds like he wasn't supposed to be scratched last night and circumstances out of their control required him to go back to WBS for at least a little bit.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Attachments

• 1712094543625.gif
    1712094543625.gif
    131.1 KB · Views: 1

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Malkin-Bunting-Rakell have not been on the ice together for a single goal against since the CAR game and their total xGA for the last three games is 0.21. I know xG doesn't mean much but it's interesting that a line on paper shouldn't be much to write home defensively is bringing some much needed stability in that department.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
If they're gonna pull off this miracle, not only are they gonna have to win out, they're going to have to somehow keep the lid on Sullivan's urge to Sullivan.

Guess we'll see how good of coach Sullivan is. Harkins should not be playing another game for this team.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Malkin-Bunting-Rakell have not been on the ice together for a single goal against since the CAR game and their total xGA for the last three games is 0.21. I know xG doesn't mean much but it's interesting that a line on paper shouldn't be much to write home defensively is bringing some much needed stability in that department.

Rak is underrated defensively in terms of coming back. Bunting is able to win most board battles and Geno looks super engaged. So yea if you'd ask anyone on paper how this line would function and most would think it's a black hole offensively and maybe a net negative defensively.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Geno is playing extra conservatively, he is moving forward only if there is a strongsupport and the dman are holding the blue line, they do a lot of dumping and short shifts, it also helps not to have Graves or Ruh behind..They would be ideal 3rd line

Guess we'll see how good of coach Sullivan is. Harkins should not be playing another game for this team.
there is nothing to see, either Emil or Pu are out, JH in, as long as he becomes available

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
Oh it's an easy decision for Sullivan

It's difficult for us to watch it happen
I could also envision Sullivan, with a tear streaked-face, pulling a Of Mice and Men with Harkins.

Look down the ice Jensen (or Jansen or whatever the f*** his name is) that's where the rabbits will be, that's where we'll grow the alfalfa...

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I could also envision Sullivan, with a tear streaked-face, pulling a Of Mice and Men with Harkins.

Look down the ice Jensen (or Jansen or whatever the f*** his name is) that's where the rabbits will be, that's where we'll grow the alfalfa...
"Will there be lots of goals?"

".... There will be more goals than you can imagine, and you'll be scoring them"

"gosh, i can't wait"

• Haha
Reactions: Ulf5 and Mr. T

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Caps blew a 2-0 lead and lost 4-2. Canes scored three goals in the third.

Wings lost to the Rangers.

Flyers lost to the Sabres.

Absolutely tremendous results for the Penguins. The heat will really be on these other teams if the Pens beat the the red hot Lightning tomorrow.

In fact, if Flyers and Islanders lose tomorrow and the Penguins win, your Pittsburgh Penguins will be in a playoff spot...and not just the wild card, but third in the Metro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad