GDT: Penguins @ Nashville | 7 ET @ Bridgestone Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
So I'm not impressed at all by this game in general./ Fleury definitely looks like normal Fleury. Our defensive zone looks the same. Lots of potential chances that they are ****ing up.

A Nashville fan said the big problem they have is finishing. I can tell.

Fleury has looked fine today. Can you talk about anything else?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Almost every post he's had has mentioned Fleury and there has been very little to talk about in regards to Fleury tonight. I understand Fleury hate but this is obsession.

there's plenty to talk about. he's the goalie. you can assess his play at all times. just because he hasn't been scored on doesn't mean he's playing some dominant complete game. just because they're winning 3-0 doesn't mean they've figured everything out

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Anyone with a choice of feeds watching this online who chooses the Pens feed . . . shame on you for six weeks. Pete Weber actually makes this game seem interesting.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
I love how Steigy is basically convulsing on how great the Pens are playing, and keeping the PReds off the scoresheet.

Yeah, right, Steigy. Plus we're playing against NSH.

Against DET, or any other decent team, we'd be behind 4-3 in this game, with all the defensive lapses, etc.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Systematic. Glad I didn't start a drinking game to that word I'd be passed out by now.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
there's plenty to talk about. he's the goalie. you can assess his play at all times. just because he hasn't been scored on doesn't mean he's playing some dominant complete game. just because they're winning 3-0 doesn't mean they've figured everything out

He's made some nice saves and hasn't looked shaky today and all I hear is nitpicking about him. It's grating.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I love how Steigy is basically convulsing on how great the Pens are playing, and keeping the PReds off the scoresheet.

Yeah, right, Steigy. Plus we're playing against NSH.

Against DET, or any other decent team, we'd be behind 4-3 in this game, with all the defensive lapses, etc.

You're not wrong.

Plus, there's 5 minutes left . . . there's still time here for Nashville. Plenty of time.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Anyone with a choice of feeds watching this online who chooses the Pens feed . . . shame on you for six weeks. Pete Weber actually makes this game seem interesting.

Good call. Wish you had told me earlier. The only reason I avoid Away team feeds, is the bummed sound they make when Pens score.

But to escape the Steig-fest, I'll do it..

I love Errey. Just Steigy is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Do you fail to read? I talk just about everything lol

Apparently, you only talk about Fleury like I only talk about Malkin. Congratulations on being diagnosed with OCD (and not showing adequate love for Sid's 3 point night). :laugh:

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh

True and true. On the Fleury front, he's kept his game simple. Bad rebounds have been minimal, he hasn't played the puck much and hasn't made any egregious errors doing so that I can recall. As for the Pens, the effort love is much improved but they're still making some dumb mistakes.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
he talked about like four other things in that post you quoted

All of which was to say that Fleury's shutout is in spite of himself - he's playing bad, something something defense, Nashville ****ing up and just can't finish, etc... It's exhausting to read.

Somehow in the last postgame thread, Greiss got a '+' despite giving up 3 goals in like 6 minutes of a game we led 3-1; I'm guessing if Fleury keeps the shutout it'll be the most begrudged '+' in history. Hell, I bet at least one poster tries to justify not giving him one at all.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
mikeribeiro1999.jpg

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
That last call by Steigy, at 0:00 of a "commanding, shutdown Penguins performance" will be vomit inducing for me.

Must. Escape. Vomit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad